• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Contemplating adding IWB today after a year I broke out a hybrid holster for my 92G it was comfortable all day. The only thing that has changed is that I have lost a few pounds and the small spare is gone.

Does anyone see an issue with switching out how you carry every once in a while? Also does anyone have any experience with Alien Gear Holsters? I am thinking of getting one for my 1911

Thanks

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I personally like a solid kydex loop holster for IWB. I find it much better than the hybrids, but again, different strokes for different folks. I just find it holds my pistol with greater retention which I like, and it feels better on my body. I do own a Crossbreed Supertuck that's super nice, but it never seems to get the nod. With the lost weight who knows what you may like. I need to get mine back off, carrying when I didn't have it was much better.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I've carried for years my 1911 IWB with a 9.00 swede holster from Cheaper than Dirt…..LOL…..works great, comfortable. The slim 1911 is great for IWB.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    I personally like a solid kydex loop holster for IWB. I find it much better than the hybrids, but again, different strokes for different folks. I just find it holds my pistol with greater retention which I like, and it feels better on my body. I do own a Crossbreed Supertuck that's super nice, but it never seems to get the nod. With the lost weight who knows what you may like. I need to get mine back off, carrying when I didn't have it was much better.

I think the weight loss is what made the difference here. it was only 10 pounds so who would have thought it would have had any impact. I am still not ready to go all in for IWB but I sure do like having the option of being using it when the occasion calls for it. I am kind of cheap so I don't want to spend money on a new holster unless I am going to use it regularly. On Most days I have the same brand and model Holster for my two carry guns. Which I like because the holster puts it right in the same spot angle etc, which I really like no guess work. I don't mind spending the money I Just don't want to waste money that could be used for training, books etc.

Thanks

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I think the weight loss is what made the difference here. it was only 10 pounds so who would have thought it would have had any impact. I am still not ready to go all in for IWB but I sure do like having the option of being using it when the occasion calls for it. I am kind of cheap so I don't want to spend money on a new holster unless I am going to use it regularly. On Most days I have the same brand and model Holster for my two carry guns. Which I like because the holster puts it right in the same spot angle etc, which I really like no guess work. I don't mind spending the money I Just don't want to waste money that could be used for training, books etc.

Thanks

Hear that... I am the exact same way. Depending on where you are, it is amazing the difference 10lbs will make!

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    The key to carrying IWB is investing in a top quality carry rig.
    There are too many people out there who have convinced themselves that they must carry tiny guns because they go and get a crappy $15 Uncle Mike's holster made of Cordura and find it uncomfortable to carry a full size or even medium size gun that way.
    Be willing to get a top shelf carry rig that's designed to fit your specific gun, instead of a generic rig, and you'll be shocked to find that you may well be perfectly comfortable carrying a full size gun, which in turn gets your more capacity, easier control, better accuracy, and generally better reliability.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    ^^^ Agreed ^^^
    IWB is the best way to carry because JY says so, case closed.

So does John Lovell but he's super legit!
    In all seriousness I thought about posting John's video just to watch all the butt hurt. Go check it out!

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I always carry on an IWB rig, I find that it keeps the pistol more stable personally (not to mention the increase in conceal-ability over OWB). Personally I am a big fan of Shark-Tac Hybrids as well as Stealth Gear they both make top notch gear. But here lately I actually prefer leather over full Kydex/Hybrids my Milt Sparks Versa-Max 2 makes carrying a steel commander 1911 very easy and it is more comfortable than my Hybrid.

Like everyone else has chimed in be prepared to spend $80+ on a good IWB Rig

Shopping (Long Wait Times Beware)

Milt Sparks Holsters (Even Longer Wait Times and an Old Website)

SharkTac USA Conceal Carry Systems - USA CCS (Just go and see them about a custom rig while at this upcoming 1500)

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I always carry on an IWB rig, I find that it keeps the pistol more stable personally (not to mention the increase in conceal-ability over OWB). Personally I am a big fan of Shark-Tac Hybrids as well as Stealth Gear they both make top notch gear. But here lately I actually prefer leather over full Kydex/Hybrids my Milt Sparks Versa-Max 2 makes carrying a steel commander 1911 very easy and it is more comfortable than my Hybrid.

Like everyone else has chimed in be prepared to spend $80+ on a good IWB Rig

Shopping (Long Wait Times Beware)

Milt Sparks Holsters (Even Longer Wait Times and an Old Website)

SharkTac USA Conceal Carry Systems - USA CCS (Just go and see them about a custom rig while at this upcoming 1500)

Excellent choices, and I'll just have to put a plug in for Kramer horsehide.
    Kramer_Holster_front_zpsutcwk7ew.jpg

Kramer_Holster_rear_zpscoucxowr.jpg

Kramer_Holster_and_Gun_vertical_zpsbpgwg2iw.jpg

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    It you are going to carry all day ANY holster should meet 3 criteria. Trigger should be covered when holstered, you should be able to get your "firing grip" on the pistol while it is IN the holster and you should be able to reholster with one hand.. The $10 softies generally don't meet the criteria. People are more likely to shoot themselves while reholstering than drawing. Get some training and make sure the holster you buy will keep the pistol secure and keep you safe, practice, practice, practice.
    [FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT]
    Certified Glock & M&P armorer
    NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] /[/FONT][FONT=&amp] RSO[/FONT]

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    I like DeSantis, Galco, and Don Hume. Been using various models, all fit the firearm through wet moulding. No cross over or thumb snap needed. Also prefer the snap straps on the outside so you can fit around a belt loop for easy drawing, and even have a few with metal clip on. Bianchi also makes a metal clip on Stealth Model fits my Glocks fine.

You need a few different kinds, to appreciate the designs. The Cheapie Uncle Mikes is only a last resort, maybe in the glovebox to protect against rubbing the gun finish off.

Kydex is getting so popular now, about time to try one. Would want an adjustable tension, some clip ons look pretty decent(adjustable also for cant).
    Some of the Leather backer/ kydex look okay, but pants sizing may be affected. Seems like a lot of holster/leather for a compact gun to use.

Try out IWB. I carry CCW quite a bit without any issues.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    Top Bottom