• ...and so much more!
  • Jodyrocks96

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 14, 2021
    Indianapolis
    I'm not an expert.

My dad used to have an IWI baby desert eagle that was chambered in 9mm.

I know that magnum research has a version of this gun, but I'm strictly interested in the one with the IWI on the handle. Made in Israel. I believe. Not an expert, once again.

Is it possible to find this gun chambered in 44 mag? I did some research and was unable to find any answers on the subject. Thanks

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    The IWI (or you can find some IMI—old name) Baby Eagle is a clone Jericho 941 and are typically found in 9, 40 or 45 acp (and are virtually indistinguishable from each other). The original Jericho 941 was available with 2 barrels: 9mm and .41 AE. The baby eagle/jericho are CZ75 clones

The Magnum Research Desert eagle is now part of Kahr Arms and they make a Desert Eagle in 44

I have seem IWI Desert Eagles in 44 and found a couple of on GB

keep an eye on some of the surplus dealers as they are not common but you may get lucky

Good luck with your search.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    https://www.classicfirearms.com/iwi...o-9mm-pistol-15-rd-steel-satin-nickel-finish/

https://www.classicfirearms.com/iwi...m-pistol-15-rd-steel-blued-finish-good-vg-ex/
    https://www.classicfirearms.com/iwi...m-pistol-15-rd-steel-blued-finish-good-vg-ex/

Ok so here’s a couple of iwi Jericho’s they’re out of stock but you get the idea

Now a little history (if I remember correctly), first came the desert eagle, made in 357, 41 and 44 magnum, they were (are) big, heavy, bulky and expensive, both to buy and to shoot! (Full metal or semi jacket only, no reloads, and magnum loads only! No special)

So to make sales (magnum research) contacted iwi (who made the eagles in Israel) and had them make the Jericho (a cz clone) look like a desert eagle (at a cheaper price!) the slide and frame were angled like the deagle and it said baby eagle on it, and it was chambered in, 9mm, 45, and a caliber called 41ae (action express), and 41 ae came out about the same time as 40s&w, and we know who won that battle!

But I don’t remember seeing very many baby eagles for sale or sold, I think cz75 mags would work in them, but holsters were hard to find due to the slide and frame shape, and pre kydex, you were pretty much stuck with nylon or leather

Then later on I think they dropped the angular slide and frame, and continued to try and sell them, and then stopped importing them, and have started importing them again with a polymer frame, these are made by imi (Israeli military Industry’s), the ones I linked above were made by iwi (Israeli Weapons Industry) and don’t ask me the difference between them.

Hopefully this has helped

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    https://www.classicfirearms.com/iwi...o-9mm-pistol-15-rd-steel-satin-nickel-finish/

Ok so here’s a couple of iwi Jericho’s they’re out of stock but you get the idea

Now a little history (if I remember correctly), first came the desert eagle, made in 357, 41 and 44 magnum, they were (are) big, heavy, bulky and expensive, both to buy and to shoot! (Full metal or semi jacket only, no reloads, and magnum loads only! No special)

So to make sales (magnum research) contacted iwi (who made the eagles in Israel) and had them make the Jericho (a cz clone) look like a desert eagle (at a cheaper price!) the slide and frame were angled like the deagle and it said baby eagle on it, and it was chambered in, 9mm, 45, and a caliber called 41ae (action express), and 41 ae came out about the same time as 40s&w, and we know who won that battle!

But I don’t remember seeing very many baby eagles for sale or sold, I think cz75 mags would work in them, but holsters were hard to find due to the slide and frame shape, and pre kydex, you were pretty much stuck with nylon or leather

Then later on I think they dropped the angular slide and frame, and continued to try and sell them, and then stopped importing them, and have started importing them again with a polymer frame, these are made by imi (Israeli military Industry’s), the ones I linked above were made by iwi (Israeli Weapons Industry) and don’t ask me the difference between them.

Hopefully this has helped
    The Desert Eagle traditionally was first chambered In 50 AE IIRC. But the OP is looking for an IMI/IWI in 44, not a ‘baby eagle’

IWI currently imports the Jericho as both steel & polymer frames in 9mm.

Surplus Jerichos are fine shooters and can be had reasonably if you keep an eye out.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    The Desert Eagle traditionally was first chambered In 50 AE IIRC. But the OP is looking for an IMI/IWI in 44, not a ‘baby eagle’

IWI currently imports the Jericho as both steel & polymer frames in 9mm.

Surplus Jerichos are fine shooters and can be had reasonably if you keep an eye out.
    The way I read it was that he’s looking for a baby eagle in 44 magnum which doesn’t exist

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I thought the older desert eagles (the older ones made by imi) can be converted down, but not up (ie you can make the 44 shoot 41 or 357, but not a 357 shoot a 44)

The newer ones can be converted to any of the calibers including 50 ae (for those with an unlimited budget!)

I had an early 4 digit serial number desert eagle in 357, it was fun to shoot! But being young, having a low paying job, and a car repair bill forced me to sell it, of the guns I’ve gotten rid of, it’s the one I regret the most!

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    "baby desert eagles" are CZ75 clones (specifically they're in the Tanfoglio derivative branch of the family). That family are available in common semi-auto pistol calibers like 9, 40, 45, and less common ones like .41ae.

The Desert eagle was originally made in .357 and .44 mag, later added .50ae and a few other oddball big bore/high power calibers.

The overlap between them starts and ends in the "eagle" rollmarked on the side. There are zero parts or calibers common between them. If you want a .44 mag, you want a full size desert eagle. If you want a baby eagle, no .44 mag.

Top Bottom