• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bonkers4Bacon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    Fields of Green
    The one in my town never seems to get them cooked all the way. I HATE soggy fries! They do pretty good on their curly fries though but they ALWAYS have to make a batch because they NEVER keep any ready (but it works out because you always get fresh fries) but it takes forever to get my food. Plus it noticeably pisses off the fry cook when he has to drop everything and make a batch of curly fries for only one order. I actually heard him cussing when they called for an order of curly fries.

:laugh: Soggy fries are the worst! This isn't exclusive to Hardees, but my mother-in-law will order unsalted fries at fast food places that she believes salt the fries too much. Then she applies her own salt. It comes across *****y and she always gets dirty looks. Most places don't keep unsalted fries on hand, so they always make a new batch of fries. But she gets fresh fries and her perfect amount of salt :):

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Got to agree with the OP. I like Rally's burgers, (just had a double Rallyburger with cheese today for lunch). It actually tastes better than what passes for a burger these days at S&S. 5 Guys? Overrated and overdone. I can't even bring myself to eat them anymore.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    If a steak can be made "better" with A1, it isn't a good steak to begin with. A good steak can only be degraded by the addition of A1.
    Believing otherwise is a good indicator that someone should save some money and stick to pot-pies and fish sticks.

We were just having this same discussion at work this afternoon, steak sauce is a disguise which apparently works for MOST people when placed on a mediocre steak convincing them that it's a "great" steak.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Correct.

The main Bub's Burgers & Ice Cream is in Carmel. There are others.

I've done the beef Big Ugly in Carmel, then the elk Big Ugly in Bloomington. The third location is Zionsville.

I think the Zionsville location is clearly the choice since I must christen it as well.

Here is the main event. The patty is one pound after cooking. The bun is essentially a roundish loaf of bread. It's not only big, but also one of the best burgers I've ever had. The elk version was the best.

14.jpg

Ok, big man. Just say when!

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Had Steak & Shake yesterday, very good. I ordered portabella & swiss, said "no pickes", he said "it doesn't come with pickles", I said "I want less pickles than that". Those things are nasty, how can you ruin a burger with them?

Love a pickle with my burger. I prefer it on the side, but I take it however it comes.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars

I've done the beef Big Ugly in Carmel, then the elk Big Ugly in Bloomington. The third location is Zionsville.

I think the Zionsville location is clearly the choice since I must christen it as well.

Here is the main event. The patty is one pound after cooking. The bun is essentially a roundish loaf of bread. It's not only big, but also one of the best burgers I've ever had. The elk version was the best.

14.jpg

I must try that! :drool:

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    My favorite is the one in the commercial with the chick on the hood of the truck eating it.

Don't remember which restaurant it was...........or what kind of burger it was.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Correct.

14.jpg

Ok, big man. Just say when!

I've been wanting to go to the one in Zionsville, since it's closest to me. I've never been, and hear good things.

So I'm in!

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Correct.

14.jpg

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Those of you planning a foray to Bub's, do bear in mind, it ain't a fast food joint (although their food truck might be). The Uglies (Big and Less Ugly) are good burgers. I'm with rhino. I like the elk burger, preferably medium rare. They do cook to order at your chosen level of doneness. Don't get the elk if you're gonna have 'em carbonise it, that would be a waste. They have some pretty good onion rings, too.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    1. Wendy's (when they are fresh), otherwise Hardee's (when they are fresh)
    2. Hardee's or Wendy's not so fresh
    3. Everything else
    Un
    +1.

Though Culvers can be ok. Like a lot of things, burgers will vary in quality according to who is doin the cooking and what their manager is trying to accomplish.
    That said, I'm stuck at a Burger thing on the PA turnpike and you've just about forced me to go order a double whopper. Heavy all.

Top Bottom