• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    I looked at the link in the OP. If you look at the bottom of the page, they are offering Range Officer training for free.

I would assume that they have closed the range until they can get Range Officers to monitor the range? I am guessing, but I would assume that the range was a non-monitored range before. I could be wrong though. However, I did find it interesting that the training dates were listed as "TBD".

I am a member of the St. Mary's Conservation Club in Adams County. We had to take similar steps after concerns were brought up by neighbors. I volunteered for a couple of years, but had to stop due to my work schedule. After Range Officers were implemented to keep an eye on things, we have not had any further complaints (at least that I know about).

That could be the culprit. There are anti-2nd amendment people out there that will use whatever means necessary to limit and hinder our rights. This could be the case. It could also be the case that some stupid, dumb, moronic, idiotic, doofus did something....and now the range has to take these steps to remain open.

Only those in leadership at the range can give us the real deal skinny on that.

bman1903

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    Another member told me it was closed so they can rebuild higher berms, think I remember he said they had a stray bullet hit something?

SumtnFancy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Ft. Wayne
    Another member told me it was closed so they can rebuild higher berms, think I remember he said they had a stray bullet hit something?

I heard this as well. A stray possibly hit a nearby home, but that is just heresy. Pistol range should be open by april, no word on rifle yet.

Top Bottom