• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • billyboyr6

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    greenfield
    Anyone else see this online? I just found it surfing on the web. I'd buy one for sure.
    photo-66.jpg

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    Patterned after our extremely popular Izula fixed blade, the Izula Folder will have a folding D2 blade, frame lock construction and pocket clip. All made in the USA! This knife is not being manufactured at this time. At this time we do not have a price point or additional spec to disclose. Nor do we have a timleline on actual production. Photo below is a concept design made by Tom Novak. Specs, and colors may change slightly with actual production models.

ESEE Knives

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    You will see a folding ESEE 3 before you will see the folding Izula....the folding IZula has been on the back burner for some time now. The folding ESEE 3 would have been out this year ,but there was a falling out between ESEE and Lion Steel, the company that was going to produce the folding ESEE 3. Rowen who is the current manufacture of ESEE fix bladed knives will take over the responsibility of the folding ESEE 3, but I wouldn't look for it any time soon.

Last edited:

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    yeah it's bull**** they got everyone hyped up about them and then put it on the back burner for the hest folder which turned into one giant cluster ****. it was unfortunate. i will definitely own one as soon as they make them.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    :+1: Agreed on all points, well said Pat.

thanks sir. every now and then i get something right lol :)

and i agree about ryp he is a dummy. he just couldn't leave it alone. he had a amazing opportunity with esee, if he would have just shut his mouth and let esee push his knives he would have made a killing. esee knives have such a following just based on their quality and warranty. oh well he showed his true colors and isn't doing nearly as well with his endeavors now.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    i had one of the limited edition hests and it was a decent blade. though the tip stuck up and the blade wasn't really centered and for the price it should have been much higher quality. no way lion steel should have let them leave the factory like that. and for ryp to say hey just use the knife and if your not happy with it send it in for a spa treatment and will do this and that when we have it lol, for a 275 dollar folder thats not really acceptable for me with a high quality folder.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    i had one of the limited edition hests and it was a decent blade. though the tip stuck up and the blade wasn't really centered and for the price it should have been much higher quality. no way lion steel should have let them leave the factory like that. and for ryp to say hey just use the knife and if your not happy with it send it in for a spa treatment and will do this and that when we have it lol, for a 275 dollar folder thats not really acceptable for me with a high quality folder.

Exactly, I had a dozen on order with all of them sold when they came in. It was not a hard decision to pull the plug on that deal. The feedback I was getting on the first ones released was less than stellar....well less than stellar does not cut it for a $250-$275 knife. RYP's solution to the problems was not satisfactory ("just use and then send it back") with me and then RYP goes off on people in an open forum and even posted personal info about some people that didn't agree with him. I just won't do business with people that operate that way.

Last edited:

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    Exactly, I had a dozen on order with all of them sold when they came in. It was not a hard decision to pull they plug on that deal. The feedback I was getting on the first ones released was less than stellar....well less than stellar does not cut it for a $250-$275 knife. RYP's solution to the problems was not satisfactory ("just use and then send it back") with me and then RYP goes off on people in an open forum and even posted personal info about some people that didn't agree with him. I just won't do business with people that operate that way.

agree. i'll be the first to laugh when someone nit picks on knives. like blades being off center (when its not rubbing the liner) or something. but being the originator of the knife/design you HAVE to be open to to all of that. if it sucks, you have to own it, because its your fualt. i don't care if it came out of a factory, you signed off and siad "it will be acceptable to me".

that being said: the HEST folder was gawdaweful ugly! LOL! the "izula folder" COULD be a smash hit. if it ever turns into more than vaporware.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    agree. i'll be the first to laugh when someone nit picks on knives. like blades being off center (when its not rubbing the liner) or something. but being the originator of the knife/design you HAVE to be open to to all of that. if it sucks, you have to own it, because its your fualt. i don't care if it came out of a factory, you signed off and siad "it will be acceptable to me".

that being said: the HEST folder was gawdaweful ugly! LOL! the "izula folder" COULD be a smash hit. if it ever turns into more than vaporware.

The main issue (there were several other issues) was the tip of the blade was sticking out above the handles (not fully seated in the knife handles) and it could have possibly nicked/cut you just going in and out of your pocket.

Don't you know that "ugly" is the new coolness in tactical knives these days. :):

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    The main issue (there were several other issues) was the tip of the blade was sticking out above the handles (not fully seated in the knife handles) and it could have possibly nicked/cut you just going in and out of your pocket.

Don't you know that "ugly" is the new coolness in tactical knives these days. :):

maybe they should have just made a retrofit sheath and marketed it as a type of limitied penetration safety knife! lol! you know, the fixed blade/folder all in one type things......:laugh:

heck yea, if it isn't ugly, it doesn't sell! "whats that for?"... "zombies."...... " your an idiot, aren't you?".... "huh? zombies are coo............."... "ok.bye." :n00b:

Top Bottom