• ...and so much more!
  • MuayThaiGuy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2011
    Hendricks County
    Hey guys,

After reading through this section I have decided to buy my first fixed blade and am going to start with an Izula. I have never carried a fixed blade but I like the idea of carrying vertical IWB. If that isn't crazy, can I accomplish this with the standard sheath that it comes with? If not, what should I be looking for?

Also, are there any practical consideration for color? I am thinking plain black since I will be carrying it daily and not for backpacking where I would need safety orange.

Thanks!

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Paging knifelady, knifelady you are needed at the service counter!

Izula is a great knife. I love all my esee knives. I would recommend you get with knifelady and/or Brad. They're site supporters and sell a lot of ESEEs on this forum. Great people to boot.

As for your question, you would need to purchase a tek lok or something similar for IWB vertical carry. You might also want to check out the izula 2. That extra length on the handle does make a difference.

Heck, you might even consider a candiru. It's small but tough as nails. I've battoned with mine with no problems. Brad/knifelady can bring out options if you want to handle a couple different ones.

Fair warning, they're highly addictive. Once you buy one, you'll buy another. Then another. So on and so forth.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    You might want to consider purchasing the Izula kit. The kit comes with a boot/belt clip that you can attach to the sheath that will allow you to carry vertical. If you buy just the basic Izula (non-kit) you will have to buy the boot/belt clip separately which ends up being about the same investment as the kit, plus the kit comes with other goodies besides the boot/belt clip. :twocents:

MuayThaiGuy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2011
    Hendricks County
    I took a look at the candiru and I think it would be too small for my hands. I do however like the idea of the extra 1/2" on the Izula 2 handle.

Fair warning, they're highly addictive. Once you buy one, you'll buy another. Then another. So on and so forth.
    I've carried my trusty M16 folder for almost ten years. I'm sure I won't get the bug like all you guys:n00b:

Brad,
    Ill give you some respect since Knife Lady isn't here;)
    Any thoughts on the standard belt clip over a Tek Lok?
    [STRIKE]Do you have a storefront or are you mostly at the shows?[/STRIKE]Nevermind. I found your site supporter section.

Last edited:

Dtrap

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Indianapolis
    The tek loc won't work for IWB carry. It is designed for regular belt carry.
    Something like this with an iwb loop is what I would reccomend.
    83b71725.jpg

Or this
    d5de4ab0.jpg

Ryninger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Newburgh
    You might want to consider purchasing the Izula kit. The kit comes with a boot/belt clip that you can attach to the sheath that will allow you to carry vertical. If you buy just the basic Izula (non-kit) you will have to buy the boot/belt clip separately which ends up being about the same investment as the kit, plus the kit comes with other goodies besides the boot/belt clip. :twocents:

How much the Izula Kit run these days?

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I took a look at the candiru and I think it would be too small for my hands. I do however like the idea of the extra 1/2" on the Izula 2 handle.

I've carried my trusty M16 folder for almost ten years. I'm sure I won't get the bug like all you guys:n00b:

Brad,
    Ill give you some respect since Knife Lady isn't here;)
    Any thoughts on the standard belt clip over a Tek Lok?
    [STRIKE]Do you have a storefront or are you mostly at the shows?[/STRIKE]Nevermind. I found your site supporter section.

I personally think a Tek Lok is the way to go. The Tek Lok will be a more secure attachment to a belt than the boot/belt clip that ESEE provides with the Izula kits. It also allows you to carry horizontal should you choose to go that way. You might have to get creative in attaching the Tek Lok to the sheath. Another option is, use the existing sheath that comes with the Izula for a neck carry option and have Grunt Soldier and DTrap make you a new sheath that has a Tek Lok hook up or an IWB set up.....that is what I would do.

MuayThaiGuy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2011
    Hendricks County
    I thought the same once. Once...

23h674l.jpg

Now THAT is commitment!

So it looks like the consensus is to get the Izula 2 without the kit and talk to Dtrap about making a teklok compatible sheath.

With my current knife I have never had to worry about rust. What is the proper/recommended way to prevent rust with these blades?

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    I took the sheath it came with, ran some paracord through the holes, and slides onto my belt no problem. I don't put it IWB, but I put the sheath between my belt and my pants. Works very well.

Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis

I second this. I bought the Izula-II with the kit. Can't go wrong. It my favorite knife and the kit gives you a plethora of carry options. I often just stick the knife in my pocket.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    I would also suggest the kit as well. I like all the accessories it offers. Might as well get the kit for only $10 or $15 more. depeding on color of knife whether it is an exclusive or not.;)

Top Bottom