• ...and so much more!
  • flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    I came across an old Model 20 with an issue. The problem is the weapon won't feed from the magazine. On the side of the reciever is, what I believe, is a magazine cut-off switch. I believe that this is the issue. The lever moves on the outside but doesn't change the position of the switch on the inside of the reciever. Any idea on a fix? I don't have the weapon in my possesion so I can't provide pics. Any assistance would be great.

Thanks

Bob

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Looks a lot like a Mossberg 500. Is there a chance that the receiver is cracked or broke up close to the magazine? You can't really see it unless your looking for it and cycling the action. It will push down away from the reciever up by the mag tube.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Looks a lot like a Mossberg 500. Is there a chance that the receiver is cracked or broke up close to the magazine? You can't really see it unless your looking for it and cycling the action. It will push down away from the reciever up by the mag tube.

Doesn't appear to be. Am going to just disconnect the entire thing.

Bob

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Look a part # 19 & 20 those are the shell stop parts there abouts that releases the shells from the magazine. If it's not moving and it could be the spring that pushes it out.

There are several makes from the Mossberg 500, Revelation is one of them. Thinking JC Higgans is one of them also.

Also look carefully at the # 71 the trigger assembly group. That's what broke on mine where the part went into the receiver and it would feed to many shells some times.

bonkers1919

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    Columbus
    There is a guy at every 1500 and has parts for so many guns. He is and older guy and always in the back corner of one of the hall ways. Look forsome one selling stocks of all types and he is your guy.

Top Bottom