• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SteveG66

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    I'm new to INGO, hello!!!!!

I have a J Frame that I had to send the grips in for repair. I thought I'd be fine without the gun for a couple weeks, come to find out I'm not happy w/out my little buddy.

Any suggestions on who in central Indiana might have some J Frame stocks, either new or used aside from the obvious, Gander Mountain. I wont step in there again!!!!

I will only use them for a few weeks, then my Crimson Trace should be back from the manufacturer.

Thanks

XFCTR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    Columbus
    I'd say any of the quality gunshops listed in the archives here will aid in your search for temporary grips. My lil J-frame is like my American Express Card, I don't leave home without it. So, I understand your devastation. Hope the new or repaired CT grips work out good.

ONTARGET

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    I also had a problem with my CT grips. DOA when I first got them and took them out of the box. However, they were for a different make and model of handgun. I called them up and was told to send them back to the factory for an exchange. They returned a new pair with a extra set of batteries. IMO, you might really like the stock J- Frame grips better anyway and decide to keep them on or around? The CT grips for J-Frames are quite a bit larger than the old wood style or the Uncle Mike's that come on them at the factory. This make them easier to conceal and that is what a J-Frame is for anyway, right? BTW, I just saw some of the new S&W's with the brand new J-Frame grips (their own) and didn't care for them. You can tell because they have the S&W logo on them. Note to self: Next new S&W J-Frame I purchase the grips must go!:twocents:

SteveG66

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    CT Grips

Ontarget,

Thanks for the reply. I have the newer style, LG405s which are the boot style grip. They arent much larger, negligible, than the original grips.

You should check them out. I will check out some other gun shops around town. I think I want a slicker rubber or wood grip since the rubber is kinda grippy.

Have a great day ,
    Steve

Top Bottom