• ...and so much more!
  • CoyoteCreekGuns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    New Palestine, IN
    Group,

My wife is really enjoying her S&W 642, but wants to take the next step and move into an IWB holster. We currently own both a blackhawk Serpa and Blackhawk ankle hoster for this small j-frame but I wanted to know if anyone here carried their J-Frames IWB and if so what holsters you use.

Thanks in advance,

Oh and whoever provides the recommendation we go with, you'll get a rep..

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I LOVE my High Noon Holster's Split decision for my 642.

It's all leather and very well made. It's not, however, "molded" to the revolver. Over time, however, the heat from your body + pressure from the belt tend to mold the leather to the gun.

This is my 3rd Split Decision for 3 different firearms and it my first choice when looking, actually. Hard to beat the price, too.

Split Decision

The Split Decision is "tuckable", too.

The Bare Asset is the non-tuckable version. Bare Asset

P6010321.jpg

P6010322.jpg

P6010319.jpg

-J-

buzz815

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Shelby cty
    Check out Kramerleather.com. They are expensive but worth it. I own four for various firearms including a IWB for my colt cobra.

backtrail540

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    Angola, IN
    If you are not neccessarily set on a leather holster, i use a comp-tac pro undercover and it has worked out nicely. It is made of kydex and molded to the shape of your gun so it does not collapse when you draw, making it easy to reholster without taking your eyes off target.

pfeigert

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2009
    Holster Recmmendation

I don't have any wheel guns left but for my autos I have a Mitch Rosen and just purchased a leather lined Kydex from Tucker Gunleather. I'm quite pleased with both and of course they make all kinds of custom leather holsters for revolvers, too. It's worth a look if you're still interested.
    Pete

JasonBrown

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Indianapolis
    My Good buddy Brandon owns SharkTac Custom Kydex Holsters and he will be set up at the Indy 1500 Gun & Knife Show on Oct. 23,24,25. He will custom make you an IWB holster for your gun while you wait at the gun show and then he will gaurantee it for life. Here is a link to his website SharkTac USA Conceal Carry Systems - USA CCS If you tell him that I sent you he may give you a discount too. He makes a great holster and is a great guy to deal with too.

Top Bottom