• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    So 2 weeks ago I picked up a S&W 642 for pocket carry. I liked the weight , and the trigger pull. I have a Desantis nemesis N38 and a Uncle mikes #3. I apparently do not own a pair of pants with pockets large enough to keep the butt of the pistol from showing at the top of the pocket. I have spent several hours at my local department store trying on pants and shorts to no avail. I know people pocket carry these all the time. Any help would be appreciated. I am almost to the point of trading it in or a no laser bodyguard .380.
    For extra info I am 5 foot 8 and wear a 42-44 waist depending on the brand, and I prefer my pants as loose as possible in the seat and thigh

Thanks in advance

8th SPS USAF

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hobart , In
    Check out the Clip grip It goes under your grip and rev . It is like a small IWB clip. Keep the rnd butt grips that came on it. I have carried my "J" frames forever this way.

zip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    I have the factory grips still on it. The square bottom that show the metal. I am going to try to find some carhartts. Most of my shorts are wrangler and they don't seem to be deep enough, I'll try to post pics later

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    But your pants a size larger. It will help with IWB carry as well as give more room in the front pocket

zip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    But your pants a size larger. It will help with IWB carry as well as give more room in the front pocket

I do, all my pants a purchased with the intent to iwb my g19

Here are the pics. I know it does not seem like much. But when I was out shopping for shorts, another shopper noticed it and mentioned it too me. So for me atleast I have an issue

9F93DFAE-9718-4AB1-9C36-EB4B5897E8FE_zpsqu702ni1.jpg

1CD0BD67-C4B8-4A4C-9857-A50A5BE367AC_zpszntidqxo.jpg

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    I use a unique technique. I use a black IWB holster and i put it in my pants pocket then just pull a shirt over it. I will admit that i am still just trying this method but so far i really like it.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    When I'm roaming around my yard and the like, I carry a J-frame .357mag in my back pocket and let my t-shirt cover the butt. It's very easy to retrieve and still secure.

I don't carry it this way out and about. When I leave the property I use a belt-slide holster with a retention strap. Once again the t-shirt covers it well.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I carry a J frame in a Galco pocket holster in the front pocket of my Wrangler jeans. It doesnt stick out the top. Can you see I have something in my pocket? Yes. But who cares. Does it make my thigh sweaty? Yeah...

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    I regularly carry a 442-2 in my front pocket. I do have issue when wearing my 501s, but they are a bit smarter fitting than the normal style today. When wearing cargo shorts (I have a few different brands, but Levis are one that I know I have offhand). Pocket carry is never an issue with them, nor have I ever had issue when wearing the "relaxed" fitting jeans that are a bit more the style. Even then, I still wear them in the same size I would if going IWB or sans gun in the pants. Something that might be making a difference for me is the 442 is a black finish, instead of the silver finish of the 642. Perhaps the contrast between frame and grips makes the difference.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    I am packing a Ruger sp101 in the front pocket of my cheap Rustler jeans. There's plenty of room. You can't wear sexy expensive pants and expect to pack heat too! Get cheap pants, the pockets are bigger.

tge45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Allen CO
    You may want to look at specialized "tactical" pants or shorts. I use Tru-Spec from the NRA store. Look like regular cargo pants.
    What ever you find, practice your draw from pocket. I've found some pants pockets difficult to draw from even if the pistol goes in the pocket easy.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Cargo pants and cargo shorts. Pocket carry's best friend. ;)

BTW, I pocket carry a Sig 938 in Wrangler jeans that I get at Rural King for $15.99, the pockets are large enough that the gun/holster disappears. You might want to check 'em out if you have one in the area.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Look into pants with flat front pockets. I can't stand pants that have the pocket opening angled off to the side. I prefer the opening to be on the front of the thigh, parallel to the waist line. Those pockets tend to be deeper.

Top Bottom