• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 300sx

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    ss of indy
    I just bought a S&W 340pd (J-frame round butt) for my wife, looking for sugestions for a good grip that will protect the web of her hand between thumb and finger.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Forget "her" our 442 hurts even hurts my hand, 20 rounds and I'm done for awhile. I got to shoot one with a crimson trace on it that did provide some extra cushion but there's really no getting around how much kick you're going to get, even shooting .38's, I don't want to think about a .357 m. It's just a fact of physics given how little they weigh. A good set of gloves can help as well.

meyer4589

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Highland, IN
    I have a Houge Mono-Grip that I got on a J-Frame in trade that I don't use. You are more than welcome to have it if you want to try it out for your wife. Just PM me and we can work out the details.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I like the factory soft rubber grips on the airweights, not the longer version but the compact ones.
    They did OK for me when I tried my bud's .340 PD. +P was fine.
    Corbon .357 was nasty! But even then my hand was OK, it was my trigger finger knuckle that got bashed.

Latewatch

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Henryville, IN
    For cushioning recoil the Pachmayr's that cover the backstrap will be the most comfortable to shoot but you do give up a little concealablity for larger grips.

mike63502

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    +1 on the Pachmayr's. I didn't enjoy shooting my 642 at all due to recoil until I switched out the standard grips for Pachmayr. Now it is not bad at all. My father has one with the CT and it is better than the standard grip with the benefit of the laser.

Top Bottom