• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grube555

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2011
    Could someone give me some info? My father-in-law was given a J.P. Sauer & Sohn Model 1913 and he seems to think it is worth nothing. It is a low serial #(35000ish) and is in good to great shape. From what I have read it seems its worth something, but he says he's reading its worth about 100 only. Can someone help me please? We'd never sell it, but it's good to know for insurance reasons!!!

Thanks

Hondo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Pictures would really help...not familiar with the specific model but many of the JP Sauers are very valuable...they built rifles for Colt for a while and they are marked as such....the non Colt Sauers are rarer and I don't believe they are imported any longer.

Not sure of the comparative between the rifles and pistols

Please put up some Pics

Chapparal

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 16, 2011
    B'town
    I have an older JP Sauer and Sohn SA revolver that I would never get rid of! It shoots same as the Colt, works like the Colt, feel same as the Colt, and I could buy 1/2 dozen of them for the same money as the Colt. Well built and never given me issue!

While I'm not a fan of the small calibers outside of .22 I would suggest there is value in the piece. Especially if it has Colt markings. At any rate, the Sauers are, IMHO, greatly undervalued for the quality of the build.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Yes agree, JP Sauer are VERY high quality arms. Post some pics, probably can't help much but very interested in seeing your MD1913.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    ge/jpeg;base64,/9j/4f/+RXhpZgAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA1GKrbgASffio2DrhQvAPNQaN6JocGKg8nnqQaiIBxnqM9upq3BpChK2hA0ecnGAG6Yo9xkc+lONmxPV3GcDOQSw5qJu3Of8atSTFY/9k

AWESOME!!!!! You stole all the lettering in the internetz

I should have taken the red pill....... I'm stuck in the matrix. :D

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    SORRY GUYS. My comp is missed up or I don't understand how to post a pic!

That's ok ........ go big or go home! :):

There is a picture tutorial in the FAQ's I believe. Look there.

You need to host the picture at some place like photobucket.com
    and then use the "link" and paste that here.

grube555

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2011
    DSC_0018.jpg
    [/IMG]
    DSC_0018.jpg

grube555

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2011
    The tutorial really helps!!! I'm an idiot!
    Here are some pics. What do you guys think?????
    Thanks for the info!
    DSC_0019.jpg
    [/IMG]
    DSC_0019.jpg

Hondo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Definitely more than $100.....I am no expert but my guess base on some very fast research would be in the $400 area...but that is a shot in the dark.:dunno:

Nice pistol

grube555

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2011
    It was a gift after the death of a friend. The widow could not find the clip so have not been able to shoot it yet. The clip just showed up the other day so we are waiting for a dry day to go shoot. I'm excited about this one! I love the trigger pull slide release! Such ingenuity!
    Thanks for the info! I have fell in love with this site!

thecollector

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 21, 2011
    NWI
    A .32 acp will bring you about $200. A .25 acp about $250. Both made from 13-1930.
    That is realistic numbers and at the upper end, the gun seems to look like it will be on the upper end. People that talk about items listed on gunbroker crack me up. You can ask whatever you want and you may find someone in the nation that will pay, but probably not. You can ask whatever you want on gunbroker, but when you see what people are asking, means it didn't sell, get my drift?

3point5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    Kokomo
    A .32 acp will bring you about $200. A .25 acp about $250. Both made from 13-1930.
    That is realistic numbers and at the upper end, the gun seems to look like it will be on the upper end. People that talk about items listed on gunbroker crack me up. You can ask whatever you want and you may find someone in the nation that will pay, but probably not. You can ask whatever you want on gunbroker, but when you see what people are asking, means it didn't sell, get my drift?

I usually dont quote gunbroker on prices unless that is what bidding is up to. I know how starting bids and buy it now prices work...but I have no knowledge of this gun :dunno:

I do know that the OPs appears to be in much better shape than any of the ones on there.

Chapparal

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 16, 2011
    B'town
    She appears to be in good shape! I'm curious as to how she acted when shot. Like I said before, the Saur will be undervalued to the quality of the piece. Keep an eye out for clips and grab them when you find one!

Oh, and I would not sell it were it mine!

grube555

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2011
    She appears to be in good shape! I'm curious as to how she acted when shot. Like I said before, the Saur will be undervalued to the quality of the piece. Keep an eye out for clips and grab them when you find one!

Oh, and I would not sell it were it mine!

Sad thing is we have not got to shoot it yet. It has rained so much that we have had a hard time getting together so we can shoot. The clip was hard to find! took a while and when we got it the was a bad burr on it I had to file down! Think all is good now and it looks like Sat or Sunday we will get to shoot it. I will post what happens when it goes down the tube!

And it will not be sold...I keep telling my wife you have to be a firearms dealer to sell guns...that's why I can not sell any of mine...but I can buy all I want. She believes me for my amusement! Great wife!

Top Bottom