• ...and so much more!
  • wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Time for 230 to go, or at least be rewritten so that these social media companies can no longer hide behind it since they are actually publishers. Would love to see Twitter and FB both sued out of existence.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Some time back in the internet's development I decided that I would just turn off the parts I don't want to see or hear. I am amazed every day at the number of people who don't seem capable of doing that and a little saddened. There must be something better in their lives.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Dan Crenshaw nailed it:
    "Biggest take away from the big tech hearings:

1) Jack Dorsey is a partisan and a hypocrite.

2) There are no liberals left in the Democrat Party. Not a single Democrat Senator defended free speech or freedom of the press today.

This should terrify Americans."

https://twitter.com/DanCrenshawTX/status/1321482045818834944

Two thoughts:

1) I sense a "public utility" designation coming in the near future for social media platforms in Trump's second term

2) Republicans can forever shatter the current Democrat party if they follow Trump's lead. He has opened an irreparable rift between their center and their left. If Republicans have enough wherewithall, bravery, and autonomy (i.e. breaking away from the GOPe/Chamber of Commerce/Globalist cabal that currently controls the party) to embrace the working-class, populist, patriotic, freedom-loving heart of the country (a clear and obvious distinction from Democrats, as evidenced above), they will be in the majority for a generation.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Jack also perjured himself to Ted Cruz. He said the New York Post article in question was unblocked; Ted posted a picture of himself trying to share it but it's still blocked.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Some of the replies to his tweet are what terrify me... the idea that a journalist can be labeled so easily for simply reporting what the left doesn’t want you to know has staggering implications.

lFKeDwO.png
    It's nothing we haven't see escalate over the past 4 years: everyone we disagree with is a Nazi/white supremacist/alt-right/racist/bigot

Add in the political violence from the left, and then people wonder who pollsters might not be getting honest answers.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Two thoughts:

1) I sense a "public utility" designation coming in the near future for social media platforms in Trump's second term

2) Republicans can forever shatter the current Democrat party if they follow Trump's lead. He has opened an irreparable rift between their center and their left. If Republicans have enough wherewithall, bravery, and autonomy (i.e. breaking away from the GOPe/Chamber of Commerce/Globalist cabal that currently controls the party) to embrace the working-class, populist, patriotic, freedom-loving heart of the country (a clear and obvious distinction from Democrats, as evidenced above), they will be in the majority for a generation.
    If the Republicans truly embrace this potential new direction for the party, they could bring in a significant number of people who are feeling politically homeless.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Yeah, had the same thoughts about social media being declared a public utility. The abuse of power that the scuzz buckets have indulged in pretty much demands that they have that bag of goodies jerked away from them for the public good.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Some time back in the internet's development I decided that I would just turn off the parts I don't want to see or hear. I am amazed every day at the number of people who don't seem capable of doing that and a little saddened. There must be something better in their lives.
    Are we surprised? It used to be the case that people were responsible for their actions and reactions. Muting or ignoring people requires a person to acknowledge that they don't like what person X is saying, and make a decision to ignore them. Now that victimhood is a currency, and we're being told that we have to be actively anti-[cause of the day] ignoring someone is not enough for some people.

As a society we've gone from ignoring people we disagree with to trying to have them de-platformed, canceled, and/or de-homed.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Two thoughts:

1) Is another reason why big tech is fighting Trump and other social media reformers so much...

2) Is ripe for the picking and I hold some hope that those in power are getting what Trump is teaching and beginning to run with it. Lindsay Graham is an example of that change.

Rep sent for prescient post...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    And the next day they censor the head of border patrol from posting about the new wall built and how it will keep bad people out.

Twitter suspended U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Commissioner Mark Morgan for a post celebrating the success of the U.S. southern border wall keeping violent criminals from reaching American communities.

According to screenshots shared exclusively with The Federalist, Twitter locked Morgan’s account Wednesday afternoon for apparently violating platform rules governing “hateful conduct” after the commissioner attempted to tweet about the wall’s benefits.

image001.jpg

Just more censorship. Take the power away from these oligarchs...

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    And the next day they censor the head of border patrol from posting about the new wall built and how it will keep bad people out.

Twitter suspended U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Commissioner Mark Morgan for a post celebrating the success of the U.S. southern border wall keeping violent criminals from reaching American communities.

According to screenshots shared exclusively with The Federalist, Twitter locked Morgan’s account Wednesday afternoon for apparently violating platform rules governing “hateful conduct” after the commissioner attempted to tweet about the wall’s benefits.

image001.jpg

Just more censorship. Take the power away from these oligarchs...
    Twitter must be going all in for the Democrats to win. Otherwise they are burning their bridge while standing on it: blocking the Hunter story on obviously partisan grounds, continuing to lock the NY Post out of their account, lying to Congress, and now censoring government officials.

It is hard to be seen calling for ideas on how to act in good faith one day, and then engage in bad faith the next.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Twitter must be going all in for the Democrats to win. Otherwise they are burning their bridge while standing on it: blocking the Hunter story on obviously partisan grounds, continuing to lock the NY Post out of their account, lying to Congress, and now censoring government officials.

It is hard to be seen calling for ideas on how to act in good faith one day, and then engage in bad faith the next.

Great post. It does appear to that they are going all in for dems but they may just be the shallow view, they may be going all in to get the Chinese communist party market. That has been my take on most of the social media types for quite a while.

I have heard twitter has CCP on their board of directors, anyone know?

There was a link here today showing CNN as ZiNN in a meme but the context was CNN had published an article straight from the CCP and later tweeted it after their hypocrisy was pointed out...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    [h=2]Jack Dorsey or why our county is going to H*ll in a hand basket.
    [/h]
    He his not the only one. This infection is conceradably deeper than just Tweeter and book of faces. Read today that Mailchimp, a provider of email lists too big for your computer to handle, will now check their customers emails out to the customers list, to be sure they are according to the orthodoxy of the left. Many companies use this service to reach their customers. Just want to be sure you are not spreading info that might hurt the powers...

Top Bottom