• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I do enjoy Jack in the Box, especially having breakfast at 8pm. Hopefully the novelty wears off and I can stop by, but I won't fight a crowd for it.

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    I love their tacos, soft and greasy in the middle and crunchy around the edges and that sauce mmmmm. I don't think I will make the trip just for them but the next time there is anything else to draw me down there I am going.

Dyerbill

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    NWIndiana
    When the weather brakes I'm going to drive down there.............. a sack of Jack in the box, abunch of cold beer and a nice park to eat in:rockwoot:

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    jack in the box is alright, but what I want is an In-N-Out Burger. ahhhhhhhh mouth watering

^^^^^^^this^^^^^^^

A Double Double and a Chocolate Shake!!!!!

in_n_out_burger.jpg

s1_1.jpg

Now that's fast food!!! BTW: Melanie is a very cool lady. Classy, unassuming, and quite talented.

Last edited:

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    Funny story, last night a friend and I were looking for a place to grab a bite to eat.
    Figured we'd see how busy JITB was... We pull in.

1st thought: "Where's the drive through traffic?"

2nd thought: (There's a road that runs back behind the building)... Why is the traffic so backed up?!?!

3rd thought: Mother Flocker.... They are SERIOUSLY lined up on the road with a cop directing traffic probably 25 cars deep
    (the last car we passed in line was sitting back at the parking lot by Performance Bicycle)...

Are you KIDDING me?! I'd barely even CONSIDER waiting that long wasting my gas if they were giving away food...

That said, I look forward to stopping by tonight around 2AM hoping to grab some grub. :rockwoot:

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Funny story, last night a friend and I were looking for a place to grab a bite to eat.
    Figured we'd see how busy JITB was... We pull in.

1st thought: "Where's the drive through traffic?"

2nd thought: (There's a road that runs back behind the building)... Why is the traffic so backed up?!?!

3rd thought: Mother Flocker.... They are SERIOUSLY lined up on the road with a cop directing traffic probably 25 cars deep
    (the last car we passed in line was sitting back at the parking lot by Performance Bicycle)...

Are you KIDDING me?! I'd barely even CONSIDER waiting that long wasting my gas if they were giving away food...

That said, I look forward to stopping by tonight around 2AM hoping to grab some grub. :rockwoot:

lololol thats exactly what we did and there was hardly a line.

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    I guess the big hamburger joint everyone talks about out west is In and Out Burger. That is the one I wish would open locally.

No doubt, unfortunately they aren't franchising and have no plans too. It's a family owned company, FWIW, also high on family values and religion. Until Dallas opened, they were pretty much CA, AZ, and NV

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Jack in the Box food poisoning...

Jack killed people in 1993 because of their disregard for health and safety of their customers. They do not deserve to even be in business.

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    Dude I grew up eating Jack in da crack, that's what we called it back out west.

I had to laugh when I read that, my very first job (age 19) was at JITB and I had to peddle my way to work. That is until I got hit by a car on the way home one night and my mom decided it was time I started to drive, so we went out and she bought me my first car. I spent 99% of 2010 in San Jose, CA and never managed to eat there once. I couldn't talk my wayward roomies into stopping there, they preferred places like Round Table Pizza and Sonic. I really missed it, I DO love those Super Tacos! The Bacon Burgers are good too, and if they're still the same, the shakes weren't bad either.

We were in Indy last week for a Dr. apt for me, and altho I wanted to stop by and check it out, it was 1) completely out of the way of where we were going, and 2) since it was newly opened, we figured the crowd would be horrendous. We're giving it till the roads clear up in spring (probably April or so) and then we'll head down and grab some. Bill grew up eating there (and also at Whataburgers and Fudruckers) as did I, just in 2 different states. He's a Texan, and I'm an original California Girl, I used to have the bikini tan to prove it. Not now.....1, the sun here is different from that by the ocean, and 2) my days of wearing a bikini are long gone! But I still missed it, and have since we left CA back in 92, we did stop there when we were out for a visit back in 04, but that was the only time I've had it in almost 20 years. Oops, I take that back, we ate there a few times while visiting friends in Texas many years ago. It was still as good as I remembered.

I've never heard of the other place, and we also don't have a "Der Weinerschnitzle" here like they do there, or a "Happy Hound" either, and I won't eat at "Dog & Suds", since I found out that it's other nickname is "Arf and Barf". <shiver> We did finally make it to a Sonic a couple of weeks ago and their hotdogs are pretty good, so that's a new place we're planning on frequenting. I remember when we got our first Chili's here in Tippy Co, and I totally burnt Bill out by wanting to eat there every chance we got. We still go there a lot, but no where near the frequency that we did at first. I could live on Buffalo Wings, and other places that serve it just don't compare. Their ribs are good, but not intending to brag, mine are better.

Off the fast food joints, and just for a giggle, I'm waiting till I get my belt holster so we can go eat at HuHots and I can open carry, just to see what happens. I'm harmless, but after one of our members experience there while OCing, it piqued my curiosity to see if it would happen again, or if they acquired the sense "God gave a gnat", and plan on leaving me alone. At this point I CC, being as belts and my back don't get along very well. There are times when I need to carry other than where I usually do, so it'll be an adventure trying to wear a waistband holster and hope it works. The old saying comes into play here, and to quote my dad...."nothing ventured, nothing gained". Curiosity may have killed the cat, but satisfaction brought em back! :laugh: If all else fails and they ask us to leave, we will and never return, as well as there's an eatery next to it (named Jethro's) that serves the best Brunswick pulled pork stew mixture I've ever had, and that's as good a substitute as any to eat there if we get bounced out of HuHots.

As for my BBQ sauce, I've imported the BBQ sauce that I bought out there for years, and use it in my own home made recipe to add a distinctive flavor that you won't find with other sauces. It's called "Cali-Q" and if anyone would like to try it, I can give you the phone # of the new owners, so you can order it and have it shipped to your home via UPS. That is if they're still in business, I ordered 2 cases of it a couple of years ago, and I've still got about 1/2 a case left. It comes in Original and HOT, and it's really "to die for"! I'll share my recipe for the BBQ sauce as well if anyone's interested, but the Cali-Q is one of the main ingredients. Without it, it's just not worth the effort to make it.

Anyway, JITB is on our list of places to go once the weather clears, so at least some time this upcoming summer we'll give it a go, and I'll probably order enough Super Tacos to take home and snack on for a couple of days.

Happy eating,
    7th Stepper

Last edited:
    Top Bottom