• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I stopped listening when he said originally 1911s were made with no grip safety. That is NOT true.
    They were originally designed with no THUMB safety.
    Here is the predecessor to the 1911... the 1910;

1910_5.jpg

That guy is arrogant and tries to push off his "opinion" as fact. I'm sure that's not the ONLY "incorrect" statement he made (and I'm being kind by not saying it was an out and out LIE like I think much of his other idiotic BS is...)
    Whatever.
    If you adore him, yay you.
    If not, yay you.
    YMMV

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    You are all fools of the highest caliber...

Everyone knows the best of both worlds is a Browning Hi Power... :D Single action, cocked and locked, steel frame but with the capacity of a squad automatic weapon. :D

tommyj223

Marksman
    Rating - 77.8%
    7   2   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    lowell
    I built every piece of this bike myself for personal satisfaction. Yes there is ego involved with everything we undertake in this life. With out ego there would be far less accomplished. Until you have done that then put your thumb somewhere else my friend. jealous or just do not get it. I had 2 other scooters at the time I owned this and all were Harley's by my personal choice just like preferring a glock or any other brand over another.
    I was stressing a point in reference to the Kawasaki post. I have owned and raced several Kaw's. They are one of my favorite makes. List your personal accomplishments and achievements before the "Thumb" my friend.
    i was kiddn man i love harleys,i got a 49 pan on rigid wishbone,i meant to put it in purple,no disrespect i know the pains and losses of building a harley again no disrespect,its a beautiful bike

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    i was kiddn man i love harleys,i got a 49 pan on rigid wishbone,i meant to put it in purple,no disrespect i know the pains and losses of building a harley again no disrespect,its a beautiful bike

My 1st was a 50 pan on the 50 wish bone. Rode it coast to coast. Paying for it now.
    No offense taken. So many nay-sayers and finger pointers on here.

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    I stopped listening when he said originally 1911s were made with no grip safety. That is NOT true.
    They were originally designed with no THUMB safety.
    Here is the predecessor to the 1911... the 1910;

That guy is arrogant and tries to push off his "opinion" as fact. I'm sure that's not the ONLY "incorrect" statement he made (and I'm being kind by not saying it was an out and out LIE like I think much of his other idiotic BS is...)
    Whatever.
    If you adore him, yay you.
    If not, yay you.
    YMMV

Wow look at you, all smart and stuff! :rockwoot:

60Driver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 9, 2010
    Hamilton County
    27 pages of Glock vs. 1911 must be the internet!

Some of what he says seems valid, other stuff not so much....

A well set up 1911 is STILL a very capable defensive sidearm, so is a Glock, a SIG 22X, a M9, and several other well built pistols.

What I hate hearing is that WW2 GI Spec "loose" 1911s are the only "reliable" way to set the platform up...utter BS!!! Look at what Vickers has written on the subject, in his tests a well tuned "tight" 1911 tended to do better because it did not let as much dirt, crud etc into the action to tie things up. I would run my "tight" Baer or a Wilson, NH, EB, Springer PRO, MEU/SOC issue, any well tuned 1911 against any Glock made. LAV also is quick to point out that the 1911 is NOT for everyone, you have to maintain and tune the platform. In this sense a Glock has the edge out of the box, no debate from me as a hard core 1911 guy. But and a BIG but is that a 1911 offers advantages in the accuracy department, which is why Vickers given his background and need for a fast and surgical shot capable sidearm still has a place in his heart for JMBs design. And for the record I have seen plenty of Glocks choke, and high end 1911s Choke, and just about every other pistol choke. TEST YOUR INDIVIDUAL SIDEARM and maintain it.

If you are a 1911 shooter, test your gear, tune and maintain as required, and train to the platform. I still carry a 1911 because I shoot it better than I do a Glock. If you shoot a Glock better, carry a Glock, or M&P, XD, SIG, M9, name it.

If you put my 1911 and the vaunted G19 on a table in front of me and told me to defend myself , I would pick my gun every time. Now a G19 and an unknown 1911 I might think about it. There is validity in what he says about not having a favorite weapon, but also truth in what he does not say ....you should train with you primary platform. I can shoot most sidearms acceptably, I shoot a good 1911 better because that is what I have the most experience with.

Bottom line, Know what you shoot well, test your pistol of choice thoroughly and train to it, know its strengths and limitations and your own.

Now can we all get along:)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    27 pages of Glock vs. 1911 must be the internet!

Some of what he says seems valid, other stuff not so much....

A well set up 1911 is STILL a very capable defensive sidearm, so is a Glock, a SIG 22X, a M9, and several other well built pistols.

What I hate hearing is that WW2 GI Spec "loose" 1911s are the only "reliable" way to set the platform up...utter BS!!! Look at what Vickers has written on the subject, in his tests a well tuned "tight" 1911 tended to do better because it did not let as much dirt, crud etc into the action to tie things up. I would run my "tight" Baer or a Wilson, NH, EB, Springer PRO, MEU/SOC issue, any well tuned 1911 against any Glock made. LAV also is quick to point out that the 1911 is NOT for everyone, you have to maintain and tune the platform. In this sense a Glock has the edge out of the box, no debate from me as a hard core 1911 guy. But and a BIG but is that a 1911 offers advantages in the accuracy department, which is why Vickers given his background and need for a fast and surgical shot capable sidearm still has a place in his heart for JMBs design. And for the record I have seen plenty of Glocks choke, and high end 1911s Choke, and just about every other pistol choke. TEST YOUR INDIVIDUAL SIDEARM and maintain it.

If you are a 1911 shooter, test your gear, tune and maintain as required, and train to the platform. I still carry a 1911 because I shoot it better than I do a Glock. If you shoot a Glock better, carry a Glock, or M&P, XD, SIG, M9, name it.

If you put my 1911 and the vaunted G19 on a table in front of me and told me to defend myself , I would pick my gun every time. Now a G19 and an unknown 1911 I might think about it. There is validity in what he says about not having a favorite weapon, but also truth in what he does not say ....you should train with you primary platform. I can shoot most sidearms acceptably, I shoot a good 1911 better because that is what I have the most experience with.

Bottom line, Know what you shoot well, test your pistol of choice thoroughly and train to it, know its strengths and limitations and your own.

Now can we all get along:)

You will "Never" get the young and even older plastic only guy's to see any real value in a 1911. Like the 2 Glock gunners we ran into at the range yesterday (Mid-20"s) called our 1911's an antique design. We out shot them both and both of their Glocks choked. Just an isolated incident with a Glock I am sure but they all choke at some point.
    I like my plastic guns, I just like my 1911's more.

68_F100

Expert
    Rating - 93.9%
    31   2   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    North Salem
    You will "Never" get the young and even older plastic only guy's to see any real value in a 1911. Like the 2 Glock gunners we ran into at the range yesterday (Mid-20"s) called our 1911's an antique design. We out shot them both and both of their Glocks choked. Just an isolated incident with a Glock I am sure but they all choke at some point.
    I like my plastic guns, I just like my 1911's more.

Thats why I have been on the HK bandwagon now for a while. The best of both worlds.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Thats why I have been on the HK bandwagon now for a while. The best of both worlds.

H&K USP in .45 ACP
    I love it. I just have to run a few mags when I shoot it to get the trigger right. Crossing over from a 1911 is tough but it is such a sweet gun. My son in law uses it and loves it. I may never see it again.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    It has to be true ...after all he said he was an expert , he has a video on youtube and it's on the internet ...It has to be true :rolleyes::popcorn::popcorn:

posted a few minutes ago:

James Yeager

In an effort to give the haters more to hate Tactical Response "Fighting Pistol" will be covered on "Student of the Gun" on the Sportsman's Channel this week Mon, Thurs and Sun.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I've never felt comfortable with Glocks. They just don't fit my hands well. Does that mean I should make a YouTube vid and scream about how terrible they are?

Look, my budget is limited. I had enough money to buy one pistol to use for everything. I bought a colt. A few thousand rounds later it is still dead nuts reliable, has never jammed and even fed, and fired a .40 that was loaded in one mag. I have 6 colt mags and they all work flawless. I've never. Even in combat and the most I have shot in a weekend was 540 rounds over 2 days, most was speed shooting practicing fast mag changes, one after another. Gun would b E so hot you'd burn your fingers. is that a true test? Who knows. Who cares.

I'm happy. That's all that matters. My gun is flawless, and is accurate, at least for a 3.5" officers. 6 rounds at 50 yards inside of a dinner plate is good enough for me.

I wonder how much of my experience is because it's is a true colt and not another brand?

Hickman: you really should get your bromance under control. You have become a Yeager nuts winger hardcore.

Top Bottom