• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    because we all know Gaston was more like Ford than Browning.

Very true. He paid others to design the gun that would eventually wear his name, Whereas Browning personally designed, built, tested and sold the 1911 and his other creations with his own hands.

Browning was genius, Glock was a business man.

I respect both of them for what they did for the firearms industry.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    How many 1911's that where issued to our GI's where hand fitted?

Right, but how many 1911's that where issued to our GI's went to Officers who RARELY used them? The only others who had them much were MP's and tankers.

They were rarely used in combat... because people fight wars with RIFLES.

I don't pretend that just because the Army carried them they "killed tons of Nazi's and Japs"... same goes for M9's in the desert.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Very true. He paid others to design the gun that would eventually wear his name, Whereas Browning personally designed, built, tested and sold the 1911 and his other creations with his own hands.

Browning was genius, Glock was a business man.

I respect both of them for what they did for the firearms industry.

amen brother.

richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    I agree with Yaeger.

There's a lot of truth vs pop culture when dealing with guns. Like the "AKs never malfunction" crowds.

Almost any 1911 out of box will have something somewhere out of spec and cause it to be "picky" like so many owners like to parade. They don't seem to understand that their gun is faulty and needs repairs, they just call it picky. I think a decent amount of the blame can be put on magazine designs that sound great on paper but don't actually work or are "picky" about ammo selection.

How many times have you seen a 1911 running smoothly with a factory finish on the feed ramp? How often do you see guns requiring wilson combat mags before they'll run 99-100%? How many times do you see 1911 manuals mention a "required" break in period? And how long are you going to keep telling yourself that all of these things are normal, when very few other gun designs have any of these issues?

Also how many parts do you see for 1911s that turn them into practically every other gun design out there? Ala, feed ramped barrels to cure poorly spec'd frame feed ramps.

The sole reason I even put the effort into getting them to run right is the width of the grip, along with the manual of arms.
    damn straight.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Right, but how many 1911's that where issued to our GI's went to Officers who RARELY used them? The only others who had them much were MP's and tankers.

They were rarely used in combat... because people fight wars with RIFLES.

I don't pretend that just because the Army carried them they "killed tons of Nazi's and Japs"... same goes for M9's in the desert.

So you know exatly how many soldiers actualy ever fired their 1911's, just sayin.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Generating those hits. And I mean the web kind, not the target kind.

Don't hate the player, hate the game...

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Yeager may ruffle some feathers but he is probably right, and I carry a 1911 and own a Glock.

I have always said that if I had to leave the house and grab one pistol to take with me that would run over the long haul it would be the Glock. The problem I have with Glock is not operational (don't they blow up?) but with the grip and not because of the angle but because of those dang finger grooves that my fingers don't fit in. I have also not had any problems with the Kimber I carry.

But out of the box? I think he is right.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Im not disagreeing with him about ultimatly a glock being more reliable than a 1911, but holy smokes and people give nutnfacny crap on here about his glock love.

Now that was just uncalled for.

What did you expect to read? The OP is a glock guy, posting a video of a glock guy bashing a different type of gun. Bashing it in such a way that he states those who own 1911s only do so because of their ego. Seems to me Mr Affliction T-shirt is the only one with a big ego.

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    A Glock out of the box will work, a 1911 out of the box "needs breaking in, and different mags, and proper ammo". I don't have time for that nonsense with a fighting gun. Yeager is right. I am glad he is stacking up haters. He must be doing something right.

CJK

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Indy
    I dont even own a 1911 and I think he's full of of himself. Just another Glock kool-aid drinker to me...IMO

"...lighten up Francis"

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Yes, I am. In general. I have heard that more times than I can remember. 1911 owners making excuses as to why their finicky pistols don't want to perform that day. I can't say, seriously when I have ever heard a Glock owner make an excuse.

And I am not talking about function firing 14 rounds. I am talking about wringing that beast out. Under demanding conditions, you know, like fighting. Thats why we carry guns, right? Or is it something else perhaps.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    What did you expect to read? The OP is a glock guy, posting a video of a glock guy bashing a different type of gun. Bashing it in such a way that he states those who own 1911s only do so because of their ego.

that's what you got out of it... "bashing a different type of gun"

I personally think the video is funny. We hear ALL the time how great the 1911 is. I bought into it for awhile, as I said before, with an STI Spartan that didn't run for crap until I found mags it liked. Later I picked up a Wilson Combat CQB. Why did I need a $2700 to shoot matches with?

James is right... a $500 Glock will run all day and then some. People talk about Glockers drinking the kool-aide but 1911 guys are no different, they just pay a whole lot more for the drink.

Seems like the butt hurt is flowing over the observation he made of 15,000 students through his classes.

Go shoot your 1911's, but don't make them out to be God's gift to shooters or as he says... provide YOUR data to dispute him.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Does this mean that instead of everyone dressing up like costa everyone is going to start dressing up like my buddy's punk kid brother?

I have to admit though, I really like what he had to say about how a warrior is not supposed to have a favorite weapon.

Last edited:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    It's true boys and girls....... GLOCK does many things that a 1911 just won't do.

Like spontaneously explode............ :laugh:

Top Bottom