• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I guess that is fair and I respect your point. James is totally responsible for his persona and I would not disagree with anyone who says he's a lot to take. If someone chose to not take his class because they believe he's a jerk, I cannot argue against that. He's a self-admitted jerk, but he is also loyal, to a fault. I would still provide my personal opinion and let it go.

However, I am not sure most of the issues people have with him are based off of personality. The title of this thread isn't "James Yeager is a jerk." People are judging the man based off of a video they saw on the internet. They are basing their conclusions because they ran the same scenario on some video game and was successful and can't imagine how he didn't achieve the same result.

Again, I just believe the guy is good. He's done some ill-advised things like challenging people to duels and posting a video that hit him in some hot water. If these are reasons people choose not to take his class, fine. All of this has nothing to do with being a coward or a good trainer, though.
    I agree with this as well and that's why I have not specifically commented or cast any aspersions on his training methods or the ill fated incident that took place.

I also wanna make it clear that I was'nt intending to question your word on your personal experiences. From what I know of you, admittedly based upon the image you present here, I have no reason to doubt your integrity. I will extend you that courtesy.

To be honest I cannot say the same for Mr. Yeager based on the only perception that I have at this point.

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    If you honestly feel the need to ask me that question, you didn't comprehend what I wrote very well.

Actually, I did.

You seem to know a lot about exactly what and how classes are taught. The problem is that you probably haven't taken one.

As I've written and said many times in many places, I don't think people who are interested in self defense are best served by taking carbine classes over other classes that teach more generally applicable skills. But, your description of what happens in a rifle class is not like any rifle class I've ever seen.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    A lot of fun to do, but in reality about as useful as a iron worker with a Liberal Arts Degree. In reality most people would benefit far more from attending a Appleseed shoot, than they would paying some over hyped "trainer" for overpriced weekend warrior games. They'll actually be able to hit something when they're finished.

Not defending James Yeager in any way, but your description of a carbine class is less than optimal.

1. I have attended more than several carbine classes. All of them had zeroing and marksmanship fundamentals as part of the class.

2. At Appleseed (twice) I have not even been allowed to zero the weapon and marksmanship was feckless.

I would agree that some of the nonsense that one sees on the web is inane but that is part of the Charge of the 300, everyone has to make a niche for themselves. I further agree that carbine classes are Mall Ninja flypaper, but I would disagree that all carbine classes are as you describe.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Top Bottom