• ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    So I'm skeptical.

I saw this ammo advertised some time ago in a catalog (CTD?) and quickly dismissed it as a gimmick. A lightweight projectile that turns to dust?

Now the thought of ammo that doesn't zip through bodies, can be used for both carry and training, can be shot closer to steel targets, and is more accurate is indeed quite appealing.

So what do you think? Is this the next step in bullet design evolution or another gimmick that will quickly go the way of other "frangible/safety" rounds?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqgxCOzkFfs

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Sounds good for training, but for defense, it seems like not enough penetration. Not near enough.

I didn't see any little pieces that penetrated more (on the 9mm) than 6 or 8 inches and not much more from the rifle.

I would like to know what scientifically reliable studies back up the claim that this ammo is better than more traditional ammo. Is it theory or reality? Prove it and I'll jump on board.

Last edited:

neeltburn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    I would question how ethical it is to hunt deer sized game and larger with such a low bullet weight. Personal I hunt with a 250 Hornady SST in a TC Omega and it does the job, but alot of research I have done says 90gn bullets are the starting point for deer. Now is 223 capable hell yes, heck a 22 lr would I just was want something ethical as well as something that I am not going to have to pick out of my meat during processing.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    While I do like the idea of using a cluster bomb full of skill saws the next time I go hunting condors, the video did not indicate it is superior to good jhp and I'm not even convinced it's as good. If the bullet is going to disperse in the bad guy, how would it not disperse in walls, car doors, etc?

If this stuff stays on the market and it gets wrung out and people make a case for it, I'll get some. Right now I'll stick with the JHP.

Top Bottom