• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I saw this as informative. I know some of all these "Types" and agree with him for the most part.
    Now as to the 1911 comment, he can back the Hell off that as most of the Martial artist types I know carry one in some form or another. I EDC a Springer TRP but that does not make me an artist of any kind.

Which one am I, at my age, a combo of a few types.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    PAGING PRINTCRAFT. PLEASE PICK UP THE COURTESY PHONE.

I prefer the term "Internet Ninja".

I do carry my gun everywhere and it does have scratches and wear on the high points...... but I have a leather holster. :(

I'm not sure where I belong.

:(

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I prefer the term "Internet Ninja".

I do carry my gun everywhere and it does have scratches and wear on the high points...... but I have a leather holster. :(

I'm not sure where I belong.

:(

But you don't wear pants. See the problem? It's a conundrum.

Leather really should not scratch a gun and not wearing pants? I can see where the holster wear comes from but the rest I just don't want to know.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Because you always belittle him and he thinks you don't have the guts to say it to his face? I bet you would. :D You should take him up on the offer and be sure to record it. I would love to see the look on his face. lol

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Because you always belittle him and he thinks you don't have the guts to say it to his face? I bet you would. :D You should take him up on the offer and be sure to record it. I would love to see the look on his face. lol
    I don't think I have ever belittled him here. I do question his Tactics, Techniques, Procedures, and Knowledge quite often though. But no more so than I do of anyone else who claims they are the best...

I do know a couple of persons who are attempting to take him up on his 1911 challenge though. For some reason they have not heard back from him on it... :dunno:

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I do know a couple of persons who are attempting to take him up on his 1911 challenge though. For some reason they have not heard back from him on it... :dunno:

Flight risk issued a challenge, people took him up on his offer, and he runs and hides. There's honor for you.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I didn't watch this one because I thought Yeager went back to his old ways. I've seen a dramatic and very noticeable change in him and he's continuing to put out great information, without the bravado. I can now enjoy his videos and even take something away.

As it relates to this video, a person may not want to be the type of gun owner that leans on "magic" and believes his gun is a lucky charm. However, life gets in the way and time allows us to take the one hour in the store to buy a gun, but not take a one-hour class to hone the skill to use it. Bottom line, if a person does not train with his gun, he is DANGEROUS. If you take a class and not practice the skills learned, you are DANGEROUS. These are my words, but I think it's what Yeager has always attempted to convey.

Pyriel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Carmel
    I didn't watch this one because I thought Yeager went back to his old ways. I've seen a dramatic and very noticeable change in him and he's continuing to put out great information, without the bravado. I can now enjoy his videos and even take something away.
    I've watched a few of his vids, and actually ended up giving the shotgun for home defense one a :yesway:. He seems like a completely different person than when he did the 1911's suck video, and also offer legit quality information.

Indy Wing Chun

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    NE Side of Indy

The majority of comments lately (and I agree) are that his videos are getting better/less offensive/more informative/etc. Here's my take on it, which holds absolutely NO WEIGHT WHATSOEVER.

As a new business owner, I know how hard it is to get your name out there to people. It can be expensive, time consuming and unpredictable. I look at JY's earlier videos as a combination of viral marketing mixed with "bad guy" wrestler. If any of you remember the old-school WWF and you had guys that were "good" and guys that were "bad" and they'd switch between the 2 all the time.

Whether he is really like the persona on his earlier videos or not, you have to admit it got A LOT of people talking about him and TR. Now that he has people watching, good or bad, he has a chance to make the conversion of people watching to people taking classes. If you watched his earlier videos and liked him then you're probably going to take a class. If you watched his earlier videos and were not sure about him but you keep watching you might actually become impressed with JY b/c he is informing about classes and tactics rather than "barking" about them and you might be more willing to take a class.

My $0.02 anyway.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    This is the best thing I have seen thus far. I expect this is closer to who he really is.

Oh, I have met some of each of these.

Top Bottom