James Yeager's Fighting Pistol, full and FREE training video.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Still not sure what makes him a terrible instructor. :dunno:

One could start with, he's made the evening news to many times in a bad light. Why would someone that's sound and rational put themselves and there money in the care of an egotistical blowhard.
    One could easily go on with his antics, but it would serve no purpose.
    #notayeagerfan

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    He's a polarizing figure. I think he likes it that way. People either love him or hate him and both sides seem to find enough reasons to support their position.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I can not comprehend why anyone in their right mind would bother to pay attention to anything James Yeager has to say about anything. Fired from local LEO departments. Courage under fire in his only combat experience. Teaches classes based only on the fact that he has taken classes from actual proven instructors.

You are pissing you money away on Yeager.
    TYhxqR3.jpg

I'll be waiting for details how this Tactical Response Alumni or any others wasted time or money? How many Tactical Response classes have you taken and who were your instructors? Yeager is more than qualified to teach his classes and runs an Excellent and well oiled program. Also he has top notch instructors with real world LEO and combat experience. I would trust James Yeager and ANY of his instructors to have my back and anyone who has earned a certificate from TR has my respect more than most. I've taken training from several big names over the years and I highly recomend tactical response.

Also Yeager is a Good and Honest man who would give you the shirt off his back even if he didn't know you. He is an honorable man and a true warrior who lives by the code.

I consider myself lucky to not conform and be within most peoples idea of "in their right mind". My mind IS right for what it needs to be to protect myself, my family and friends, and any other oppressed person who may be a victim and need help. I wont be the coward standing by not helping a civilian or cop in need or filming them with my cell phone.

Last edited:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    One could start with, he's made the evening news to many times in a bad light. Why would someone that's sound and rational put themselves and there money in the care of an egotistical blowhard.
    One could easily go on with his antics, but it would serve no purpose.
    #notayeagerfan
    One could say that others chose their livelihoods and money over standing up and saying what needed to be said like James Yeager has. James Yeager has honor and integrity. He lives it. They arent just words to him and its not just a fake YouTube persona he puts on. The man is genuine and I know it to be fact 100%. I think its pretty smart to let someone know what your line in the sand is before they get close and cross it and you're forced to act. I have zero doubt that Yeager would actualy stand and fight for his beliefs and actualy he has and hes stood and risked life and fortune and freedom for others right here at home more than once if you do some homework. He is a modern day patriot.
    He doesnt just sit on his couch with cheetos and ***** on the internet like a lot of other Americans.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    One could say that others chose their livelihoods and money over standing up and saying what needed to be said like James Yeager has. James Yeager has honor and integrity. He lives it. They arent just words to him and its not just a fake YouTube persona he puts on. The man is genuine and I know it to be fact 100%. I think its pretty smart to let someone know what your line in the sand is before they get close and cross it and you're forced to act. I have zero doubt that Yeager would actualy stand and fight for his beliefs and actualy he has and hes stood and risked life and fortune and freedom for others right here at home more than once if you do some homework. He is a modern day patriot.
    He doesnt just sit on his couch with cheetos and ***** on the internet like a lot of other Americans.

lol

You know I never had cheetos, not sure it's sold over here, and I only know it from that expression. :):

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville

Let us just sit back and absorb that statement...
    Yeager served in the Armed Services, and you also believe he has integrity?
    It's a redundant question.......
    I'm not a Cheetos fan either... Spend your money where you see fit.

This has been hashed out here and many other places on the web.. It serves no purpose to do it again.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

This has been hashed out here and many other places on the web.. It serves no purpose to do it again.

Are you saying you can't be a patriot if you never served in the military?

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Are you saying you can't be a patriot if you never served in the military?

No I am not.

Edit..
    And I will add to that most that teach the classes that yeager gives have extensive Mil and LE experience. Sure but he worked as a contractor for a short period of time, but let's remember he was a driver.
    He tends to surround himself with those that have the experience.

Last edited:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    No I am not.

Edit..
    And I will add to that most that teach the classes that yeager gives have extensive Mil and LE experience. Sure but he worked as a contractor for a short period of time, but let's remember he was a driver.
    He tends to surround himself with those that have the experience.

I don't think you need any military experience to be a firearms instructor.
    I would train with him even if he never served.

Plenty of good instructors never served.

And plenty of people who served can't teach you how to shoot because they have poor marksmanship anyway.
    Also some people can shoot but they can't teach how to shoot.

It looks like Mr.Yeager knows how to shoot, and how to teach.

Yeager has plenty of experience teaching people how to shoot, that the only experience you want your instructor to have.

Some instructors teach unrealistic stuff based on their military experience anyway.
    Small unit tactics designed to work with a dozen of dudes with long guns and body armor don't have much application when it comes to civilians.

When you're at the mall, all by yourself, with a handgun and two mags, you don't have people providing suppressive fire for you.The tactics are not interchangeable.

Tactical Response teaches what to do after a shooting as well, as a civilian (legal aspect, how to deal with cops, what to say and not to say ... etc) things you don't have to worry about in the military once you shot people.

Yeager also knows about carrying a gun since he did that most of his adult live, as a cop, undercover cop, and citizen.

That's the kind of experience you want your instructor to have.
    I don't really care if my instructor shot at people with a belt fed machine gun while he was in the military.
    It's not a skill I will need when I'm attacked by thugs in the civilian world.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

Then why are you posting here? Hypocrite much? I'm talking about the hashing out part.

As far as the serving in the military part ..... what the **** ever. People who think someone had to have served in the military to be a patriot or be legitimate as a gunfighter or American need to get bent.
    That's the biggest bunch of baloney ever

Oh and I know yeager has integrity. Know it as fact.
    I'll wait for you to prove me wrong. Dont worry I wont be holding my breath.

Last edited:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I don't think you need any military experience to be a firearms instructor.
    I would train with him even if he never served.

Plenty of good instructors never served.

And plenty of people who served can't teach you how to shoot because they have poor marksmanship anyway.
    Also some people can shoot but they can't teach how to shoot.

It looks like Mr.Yeager knows how to shoot, and how to teach.

Yeager has plenty of experience teaching people how to shoot, that the only experience you want your instructor to have.

Some instructors teach unrealistic stuff based on their military experience anyway.
    Small unit tactics designed to work with a dozen of dudes with long guns and body armor don't have much application when it comes to civilians.

When you're at the mall, all by yourself, with a handgun and two mags, you don't have people providing suppressive fire for you.The tactics are not interchangeable.

Tactical Response teaches what to do after a shooting as well, as a civilian (legal aspect, how to deal with cops, what to say and not to say ... etc) things you don't have to worry about in the military once you shot people.

Yeager also knows about carrying a gun since he did that most of his adult live, as a cop, undercover cop, and citizen.

That's the kind of experience you want your instructor to have.
    I don't really care if my instructor shot at people with a belt fed machine gun while he was in the military.
    It's not a skill I will need when I'm attacked by thugs in the civilian world.
    Exactly right sylvain on all counts. Some people have a gift and that gift is the ability to convey thoughts and methods to others so that they can absorb the information and learn. They are real instructors. Also not every method that yeager teaches are ones hes gotten from others. He has developed and teaches his own methods and also a lot of his classes are about the mindset one needs.
    Some people have that mindset and some people dont and they never will no matter how many classes they take.
    Yeager is a good instructor. His people are good instructors. They are also good people. That matters to me and I wont sit back and let someone anonymously punk them on the internet

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Then why are you posting here? Hypocrite much? I'm talking about the hashing out part.

As far as the serving in the military part ..... what the **** ever. People who think someone had to have served in the military to be a patriot or be legitimate as a gunfighter or American need to get bent.
    That's the biggest bunch of baloney ever

I said neither, strawman much? It seems you are incapable of have an adult conversation on the topic of Yeager.
    The debate is lost, when slander becomes the words of the loser.
    Fish elsewhere..

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Exactly right sylvain on all counts. Some people have a gift and that gift is the ability to convey thoughts and methods to others so that they can absorb the information and learn. They are real instructors. Also not every method that yeager teaches are ones hes gotten from others. He has developed and teaches his own methods and also a lot of his classes are about the mindset one needs.
    Some people have that mindset and some people dont and they never will no matter how many classes they take.
    Yeager is a good instructor. His people are good instructors. They are also good people. That matters to me and I wont sit back and let someone anonymously punk them on the internet

I've seen videos of him teaching total newbies (load the thing into the thing, pull the thing back, squeeze the thing) and cops alike.
    They all learn stuff because he knows how to teach and how to adapt his teaching style to his audience.
    I think it's more important than knowing how to shoot (of course he needs to be a good shot as well).
    He probably has a passion for teaching and could teach people other skills he mastered (changing a tire, cooking an egg ... whatever).
    I think he even teaches classes on how to be a firearms instructor.I forgot what it's called.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I said neither, strawman much? It seems you are incapable of have an adult conversation on the topic of Yeager.
    The debate is lost, when slander becomes the words of the loser.
    Fish elsewhere..
    You implied it. Dont play games with me. You are the one trolling and slandering a good man who also is an ingo member. You, like so many others see a thread about yeager and it's like honey to a fly. They just swarm in. Always having to drop their tidbits about a man theyve never met or trained with however they think their opinion matters or that people actualy want to hear it. They dont.
    It's like me seeking out someone I fundamentally disagree with and trolling their fan page.
    I havent lost anything because I hold james yeager in high regard and if I needed help I could call james yeager on the phone right now and I'd have help.
    And I've caught a fish alright, a big one for my ignore list

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Yeager is polarizing, no doubt. So are many others. I am pretty sure people can choose to train with who they wish and yet not think that just because you wouldn't train with someone it doesn't mean they are worthless. I know too many good people who have not only trained with JY but also like him, to completely dismiss him on reputation alone.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I haven't trained with Yeager, but have grown to like him a lot for his nearly unequaled video content posting. Take what you like, leave what you don't. :dunno:

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    You implied it. Dont play games with me. You are the one trolling and slandering a good man who also is an ingo member. You, like so many others see a thread about yeager and it's like honey to a fly. They just swarm in. Always having to drop their tidbits about a man theyve never met or trained with however they think their opinion matters or that people actualy want to hear it. They dont.
    It's like me seeking out someone I fundamentally disagree with and trolling their fan page.
    I havent lost anything because I hold james yeager in high regard and if I needed help I could call james yeager on the phone right now and I'd have help.
    And I've caught a fish alright, a big one for my ignore list

Here's my last thoughts on this thread with you, Im certainly entitled to my opinions, I'm quite certain I've earned them.
    Most people tend to pick others to look up to that haven't been fired a few times, sued by former employers, arrested, had their carry permit pulled for making threats and a slew of endless antics over the last 15+ years.
    You hold him wherever you see fit.
    You seem to respond just like yeager, you puffup and respond like a adolescent boy playing xBox live online.
    People that lose self control, have no direction and spiral out of control.

And I'm glad you have knowledge of my life and service to this country.
    And please put me on ignore, maybe that will stop your childish and rude reputation comments you sent me and I would guess others.

Top Bottom