James Yeager's (in)famous down range photographer (video)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I think he assumed you'd have a vocal opinion based on your reputation as a strict proponent of gun safety, or the "INGO Safety Nanny" (depending on who you ask).

Same comment I've always had on the downrange stuff, done it in the past, I just see the risks outweighing the benefits. For me and my circumstances, too much to lose for so little gain.

For all the rest of the Captain Tacticals on INGO, if it floats your boat, cool.

Assumption of the risk for the camera dude, he is an adult and fully aware. This isn't like shooting your 11 year old nephew in the basement or dicking around with a gun in the gun show parking lot.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Same comment I've always had on the downrange stuff, done it in the past, I just see the risks outweighing the benefits. For me and my circumstances, too much to lose for so little gain.

For all the rest of the Captain Tacticals on INGO, if it floats your boat, cool.

Assumption of the risk for the camera dude.

I'm confident enough to take the shot, but I'm not sure I have enough facial hair currently to be the photographer.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

Assumption of the risk for the camera dude, he is an adult and fully aware. This isn't like shooting your 11 year old nephew in the basement or dicking around with a gun in the gun show parking lot.

For someone so vocal about the 4 rules, you're being this flippant about down range photography all the sudden?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The Four Rules are being followed. The camera dude is aware of what happens if someone slips on shotgun shells, sneezes or has a weapon malfunction (e.g. sear break).

As I said, this isn't dicking around in the parking lot at the range or gun show. Camera dude is getting what he bargained for.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    There have been several USPSA stages where I've been either the shooter or the photographer in situations not that different than what TR does. The stages work off of a 180* line of fire and there may be targets near the 179* mark. People take pictures/video just off the 180 on the other side. It definitely depends on the who the shooter is though as to where I'm willing to stand.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    About what?

:dunno:

Who's James Yeager?

Esrice's brother. :D

IMG_0248.jpg

Top Bottom