• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bollorollo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Is the Indy Gun and Knife show still worth going to for great deals. I have not been in over 12 years and am asking if you can still find good deals on guns, ammo, accessories like reloading equipment and save money? Let me know because I would hate to pay five dollars to park and another eight on a ticket to get in and find out I could of done better online for the things I am looking for. Thank you:ingo:

ChickenHawk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2011
    St. Paul
    After all the cost of attending, you probably could buy it for less online or @ local shop. Its a great way to compare if you are unsure which product to buy.

joker762

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2011
    Logansport
    I was wondering the same thing myself. I've not gone in several years and the last time I went, I walked out empty handed! That's no small task for me either! I love new toys :)

3point5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    Kokomo
    It is called a gun show for a reason...

How often do you see a good deal on a car at a car show?

I go to gun shows, mainly to check stuff out pesonally.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    I tend to go to gun shows just for the spectacle and a chance to put my hands on some stuff. I almost went to the 1500 but it's a 2 hour drive for me one way. Considering gas, time, and parking and admittance ... it's better just to take a nap on the couch.

JML

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Southside
    After all the cost of attending, you probably could buy it for less online or @ local shop. Its a great way to compare if you are unsure which product to buy.

I like attending because i can actually be able to see the product in person versus looking at a picture online.

Scratcher

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 11, 2012
    In a house
    I only went because it was a surreal experience for a Scotsman to go to a place where there were probably more guns and ammo than in the whole of my country!! Every time I see a police officer or a citizen exercising there right to open carry my eyes are always drawn to the weapon. I recently went to a range and fired of more rounds than I did in my whole time in the Army LOL.

bamayne

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2012
    New Castle
    I tried to go today and the line to get in around noon was all the way around the building on two sides. We just turned around and left. Really wanted to look around but not that bad.

Bollorollo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Hey everyone thank you for the replies. At this time my budget is very tight and every dollar saved can help me out to spent at the range. I wish I was able to go to just walk around looking at all the firearms and accesseries. I am looking to get into reloading and the 15 dollars went to making a tumbler today and it works great and does the job needed.

mshogren

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Nov 20, 2010
    Arcadia
    I really think you can find deals if you can take the time and have the patience to really look. Started out there at 9ish and by 1 I made it through 3/4 of the place...and still skipped ALOT.

Crowded was an understatement! Paked to say the least! So much so that I could not look closely in many cases...for the really good deals...

Mark

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Took us about 30 mins to get in today; we were in line right at noon.

It was crazy busy.

Deal of the day: majorly holster worn Gen 2 G22 for $485.

-J-

J10on4ds

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 23, 2011
    Bedford
    Don't know about any deals, but if you don't like crowds, this is not the place for you... Shoulder to shoulder, almost every aisle. Waiting in line outside, for 30 minutes, and we got there at noonish, and it opened at 8. Place was crazy. As others have said it's a good place to lay your hands on things...

rafterman191

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 26, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Pay the $5 to park and sit in your car. Keep an eye out for people going in with stuff and you may find a deal. Go inside and you are already out $10 and then the smell, and then the questionable safety of the dealers and general shadiness of many there. Better yet stay home.

smokestack

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 17, 2010
    Lafayette
    My son and I went today and I can honestly say I should have just went to a gun shop and saved a bunch of walking. Overcrowded is an understaement to say the least. It's been a year since I went to the 1500 and I know why now. I think I will just do the local shows from now on and skip this waste of time and money.

EPD1102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Evansville
    I only went because it was a surreal experience for a Scotsman to go to a place where there were probably more guns and ammo than in the whole of my country!! Every time I see a police officer or a citizen exercising there right to open carry my eyes are always drawn to the weapon. I recently went to a range and fired of more rounds than I did in my whole time in the Army LOL.

I'm glad you enjoyed the show.

Top Bottom