Jan '12 1500: Indy 1500 1-13-14 & 15 Going?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Friday or Saturday?????

Folks, I need your help. I haven't been to a 1500 for some time now (years). If one wants to maximize chances for selling anything, is it better to go Friday from say 4-6PM, or Sat. the same time? I figure Sat. will be busier, but is there a pretty decent crowd size Friday a couple hours after doors open?

to be honest i think its all luck of the draw. figure there only has to be 1 person there looking for your gun, you just have to happen to walk past him while he has the cash.

on a side note to all 1500 newbies. bring as much cash as you can. dealers prefer cash and will somtimes cut you a cash discount, most individuals dont take check or cc. i always just pop in the bank prior to the show, whip out my checking, savings account and re deposit it after the show. you dont want to miss out on a deal just because you have a check book and no cash

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Hoping to go tomorrow, but NOT looking forward to standing in line with temps around 20 with 30 mph winds... Not that I can't dress for that, but once you get inside, it's gonna be a might warm unless you carry your coat, which is a pain.

68_F100

Expert
    Rating - 93.9%
    31   2   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    North Salem
    So say I want to sell this fine M&P 40c at the 1500 tomorrow. Do I just tape a sheet of paper to the side of the case that says m&p 40c for sale 450.00? Is tha thow this works? Also I am guessing a carry gun is a no no. So what do you do with your gun while in the show?

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    So say I want to sell this fine M&P 40c at the 1500 tomorrow. Do I just tape a sheet of paper to the side of the case that says m&p 40c for sale 450.00? Is tha thow this works? Also I am guessing a carry gun is a no no. So what do you do with your gun while in the show?

you can take your carry piece in just leave the mags in the car. you can carry your mp in the case witha sign but you will probably have better luck just walking around with it in your hand

radar44

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    noblesville
    If someone wants to maximize the chances of selling anything , from either side of the table, stop trying to sell older used stuff at brand new prices!! This post is not directed at anybody, I mean this as a long overdue note to all.... We all know what 'this' or' that' sells for, what '' worth '' is . If something NEVER sells, and it's at every show , over and over and over again... it's NOT worth what you think it is. 2 many guns were bought at OBOMASCARE prices and it's time to get back down to earth...... I have overpaid....I have bought POS guns and I lost money in trades.. **** happens, it's probably going to happen again.. It"s part of this gun collecting '' big boy toy'' world. I don't know what is more aggravating , EVERYBODY looking for a dumb *** with to much money, or the dumb ***es overpaying . ... Hundreds (or more) $$$ exchanging hands is not ''giving'' it away! 'just saying. I can see a day when all this 2012 crap is over and it becomes a buyers market, due to overproduction and modern manufacturing, a lot of traders are going to.... the best way to say this is (.).......(0).

Last edited:

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    I frequent the 1500, but I've never gone with the intent to buy or even search for any holsters......so maybe someone can answer this.............is there anybody there that has a selection of safariland holsters?? I know I've seen hundreds of holster, but since I don't shop for them often I never paid attention......
    I went to the 1500 last year looking for a Safariland duty holster and had no luck.

Dick

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    The wife, a buddy, and myself will be heading down Saturday sometime. Looking for some night sights for my XD if anyones got em, and possibly another gun or two depending on what we come across.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I went to the 1500 last year looking for a Safariland duty holster and had no luck.

This is what I figured....I remember seeing all kinds of holsters but never anything of "brand name" or "higher quality" like that....I found a number of sellers on Ebay that sell them new fro really cheap....1/3 -1/2 the retail prices new.....I'm content....now it's on to other purchases

ridetoslide

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    over priced

I agree with radar above about over priced stuff. I really enjoy going to shows but get sick of seeing the same over priced items time after time. Hopefully some of the sellers realize this and move on.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Ill be there Saturday, hopefully early.

I only have 2 goals for this trip:

1) enjoy the 1500. I dont need anything, but do have a few things Im looking for.
    2) Papa Roux. This is really my #1 reason since Im jonesing for some Papa in a bad way!

man... I hear ya!

HD_darla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Being that I'm currently from Ohio can I buy handguns from the Indy 1500? If so I'll make the drive after hearing every one talk it up so much!!

Obviously I'm assuming that I can't buy from just a regular person. I'm talking about a dealer?

Top Bottom