Jan '12 1500: Indy 1500 good riddance or can't wait til next show?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ThePhantom86

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2010
    Columbus
    I'll go every now and then. I don't do much shopping but like to look around. Next time the wife and I will go without kids so that we can look at the weapons better.

This was our second one in 3 years which is just fine with me.

JML

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Southside
    I personally enjoy going to the 1500.Never know what kind of deals you may come across.Im not a fan of other things going on up there besides the 1500.Seems theres alot of stragglers come in not really looking to buy any guns or acc. just looking to waste time which gets in the way of most of us who want to look at whats forsale.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    It was so packed on Saturday morning that you litterally could not walk down the isles. I wish they would allow wider isles so that you could move if people are on boths side are looking and others want to get past. I guess its hard to lease use all.:twocents:

The problem is the vendors moving the tables out so they have more room inside, the bigger problem is when you have vendors on both sides of the aisle doing it and it creates a 2 person walkway and shuts down the aisle.

I finally got feed up yesterday and went to the show office and told them that next show I come to and they don't have it fixed, I'm making a call to the fire marshall. I'd hate to have to make that call, but there needs to be some common sense, and giving me the response of "We'll have security check that out" po'd me off.

sonovasailor

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    southport
    I know one of the IMPD officers that check firearms at the door. Many times folks will bring in their Grandpa's .45 to sell, and not realize it was loaded. I don't have any problem with them being checked at the door. Also it helps prevent theft when an orange strap is on your carry-in gun. It is hard to find a real good deal at the 1500. But you can find those hard-to-find items. Parts, magazines, cheap gun sleaves, etc. I did find Hornaday Leverrevolution for $4 less than Bradis's.
    However, I didn't save enough money to cover $5 parking and $9 entry.
    $5 PARKING!!!!!!!!!!! I felt violated. I told the lady she needed to wear a ski mask. I don't think she got it.

Colts

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2011
    Roundabout Circle City
    I went the last 2 hours today (with a short list of odds and ends, that I did not find); I did get a new knife, holster for my flashlight, chocolate for the wife and a couple of other things. I will probably go back, but not necessarily every time.:ingo:

arsenal69

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    I have fun when I go. But, I know going in the odds of good deals are slim to none with the attendence getting more and more so hase the prices.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have gone to the Indy 1500 twice. No point in going again. Crowds are ridiculous. Impossible to move about, see the wares on the tables, or talk to a vendor. When I am looking for a new piece, I like to talk to the vendor to get as much information from the vendor as I can before I make a decision. Simply cannot do that given the conditions inside.

Parking fee plus admission is exorbitant. Paying that much after driving two hours from the Fort is very expensive. Maybe I should recruit a couple others to travel with me to share the transpiration costs. It would be a good way to meet some INGOers, but it would take some planning to pull it off. Without a crew sharing the costs it really is an expensive trip.

Beyond that, there are some good shops here in the Fort. 21st Century is near by; Tomlinsion is just up the road in 'Busco. There are two shops in New Haven; Freedom Arms (formerly H&H); Ranger Supply is on Getz Road. There are a couple decent shops in Warsaw, only a 40 minute drive up US 30.

No, I see no reason to drive to Indy.

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    As we were leaving the show, they had a huge line of funeral cars going east on 38th and holding up traffic. There were so many Illinois plates. I didn't think that would go over well for those waiting in line to get to the show.

Blackduck21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Where's the next gun show in Indiana? The 1500 is so crowded its hard to enjoy with people shoulder to shoulder.

Thumper

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    South Indy
    Never going back.You are $14.00 in the hole as soon as you walk in and miss half of the show because of rude people blocking the aisles.My time is money and the 1500 is a loss in my book.:popcorn:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    It's not like we are running a deficit here......

I'm a firm believer in natural selection.

Natural selection is a tautology and using a Cledus as a backstop can get you a lesson in survival of the fittest inside Marion County lockup.:laugh:

Remember, print, even Cledus has a mother.

MAJB Retired

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    :dunno:

You clearly didn't attend. There are some trinkets, but not as many as their used to be. There were a TON of people and a TON of guns being sold. So I highly doubt they're dying anytime soon. :twocents:

I hadn't planned on going after reading the reports on Saturdays crowds, but I went with my kid, and it wasn't that bad today. I enjoy checking out the displays, and the toys I can't afford to buy. But, I also keep an eye out for a good deal. This year, I picked up an INGO sticker, a INGO chamber indicator, and two NRA bumper stickers...all for just the price of parking and admission. :ingo:

Top Bottom