Jan '12 1500: So, what'd ya get? (pic heavy)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    I got an RRA LAR-15 complete lower for $289 plus taxes. This is from Indy Custom Firearms.

Wow, $289. They were selling complete ones in October for $219. I feel kind of bad though because the guy only charged me $119. I paid and promptly walked away laughing:rockwoot: And NO I didn't go this year because I too do not want to deal with the MORONS and over-pricing.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    Let's see......people who made out like bandits at the 1500.

1) Parking attendent admission takers.

2) Indy 1500 admission takers.

I was absolutely dumbfounded at the amount of "stuff" going on at the fairgrounds, making it absolutely miserable to find a parking spot, within reasonable walking distance. When we left, there were still people wrapped around the building almost to the main entrance. Unless they find a new location with more space, wider aisles, I may never go again. It's remarkable you can fit so many inconsiderate morons in one place, but they never fail to come through on that one. You can find the most out of the way corner to collect yourself, and get out of the "lines", and some jerk will run into you or want your space. I don't understand why people are so hepped up on the great pricing of things, when most places are as close to retail as you can get. I see dealer pricing, and I very rarely buy anything gun related there, because people are just too high. My wife and I usually get a few non-gun related stuff, but with the absolute squash of people this time, it was totally miserable. I didn't to see any of my buddies because I just don't like to fight getting to their tables. Obviously, people are doing OK in the economy, as there were lots of people seeemingly buying stuff, and I just cannot believe the crowds. Even the fire marshal was involved with the entrance/exit process, as they didn't want too many people in the building at one time.

This ^ right here.......exactly:ingo:

rdg

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Fishers
    Not so much what I bought (ammo, pocket holster for LCP, ESEE 4 knife) but that I got to meet Ken from Lafayette and sold him a gun, met Brad and Sheila and got to talk to them about knives, and met Que and IndyJoe at INGO booth (where I also bought a shirt). Also spent time with son-in-law and brother-in-law! Overall a great morning!

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Anyone get something made by Raven? How was the wait? I'm thinking of going Sunday morning but I thought it was crowded in October and this one sounds worse. I may just order from them online. Don't much care for huge crowds.

kennys_67

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Owen County, Indiana
    they were not letting people in until other would leave @12:30, it was aweful, they say they were beyond their capacity. Nothing like standing in the cold just waiting to get in. May be my last 1500

JML

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Southside
    they were not letting people in until other would leave @12:30, it was aweful, they say they were beyond their capacity. Nothing like standing in the cold just waiting to get in. May be my last 1500

This is why i chose to go friday when they opened.I figured saturday and sunday would be a complete mad house.

airmotive

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Let's see......people who made out like bandits at the 1500.

1) Parking attendent admission takers.

2) Indy 1500 admission takers.

I was absolutely dumbfounded at the amount of "stuff" going on at the fairgrounds, making it absolutely miserable to find a parking spot, within reasonable walking distance. When we left, there were still people wrapped around the building almost to the main entrance. Unless they find a new location with more space, wider aisles, I may never go again. It's remarkable you can fit so many inconsiderate morons in one place, but they never fail to come through on that one. You can find the most out of the way corner to collect yourself, and get out of the "lines", and some jerk will run into you or want your space. I don't understand why people are so hepped up on the great pricing of things, when most places are as close to retail as you can get. I see dealer pricing, and I very rarely buy anything gun related there, because people are just too high. My wife and I usually get a few non-gun related stuff, but with the absolute squash of people this time, it was totally miserable. I didn't to see any of my buddies because I just don't like to fight getting to their tables. Obviously, people are doing OK in the economy, as there were lots of people seeemingly buying stuff, and I just cannot believe the crowds. Even the fire marshal was involved with the entrance/exit process, as they didn't want too many people in the building at one time.

Arrived later than I intended...around noon.
    Drove down 38th and saw a line that stretched ~250 yards outside the door. I thought that maybe there was a fire alarm or something...nope...they were standing in line to get in.:nuts:

Good for them. I'm going to Fry's and I'll order my ammo online.:delivery:

starbury33

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Wow, $289. They were selling complete ones in October for $219. I feel kind of bad though because the guy only charged me $119. I paid and promptly walked away laughing:rockwoot: And NO I didn't go this year because I too do not want to deal with the MORONS and over-pricing.

I should have mentioned that mine was w/ a 2 stage trigger. I think single stage was around what you paid, might have been $230, not too sure. I went on Friday and there were a lot of people buying. Yeah, I felt there was a lot of frenzy buying.

My original post is very much amiss without some pics. Here are some.

Gunsandstuff076.jpg

Gunsandstuff075.jpg

Gunsandstuff074.jpg

CombatRex

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 20, 2010
    NE side of Indy
    I picked up 500 rounds of Federal 5.56, a Walther 380 and a spare Mag. Stood in line for 30 minutes to get in....longest I ever waited. Line was still huge when I left 2 1/2 hours later. Saw some sweet weapons but did not have the money.
    Boy was it ever crowded, sometimes the isles would be so clogged, nobody would be moving.
    Stopped by the INGO booth for a brief second...

:patriot::ar15:

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    I should have mentioned that mine was w/ a 2 stage trigger. I think single stage was around what you paid, might have been $230, not too sure. I went on Friday and there were a lot of people buying. Yeah, I felt there was a lot of frenzy buying.

My original post is very much amiss without some pics. Here are some.

Gunsandstuff076.jpg

Gunsandstuff075.jpg

Gunsandstuff074.jpg

Okay, that makes a difference then:) I'm a big fan of VLTOR products. How do you like the VLTOR upper?

Mosineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Got there early with my Bro, stood in line maybe 10 minutes at the most, got some ammo, mil surp stuff, a few other odds and ends, The best deal was got some INGO swag and got to put some faces to some of the awesome INGO community. HOORAH!!!:) No great deals (for firearms) at Indy for me :(, but stopped at Bite the Bullet in Seymour to ask about Bob(good news):), and ended up walking away with a AK...just my luck. Really reasonable on the reloding componets I had to have also. Good deal and good folks, enjoyed dealing with Mark. :)

glock34

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    Fishers
    Picked up a few things today. It was crazy how many people were there. I skipped 50% of the tables because I could not get close to them. Want to send a special thanks out to Knife Lady for taking care me on my knife purchase.

2012-01-14_12-53-20_683.jpg

This was the line at 12:30ish when I left. notice the front gate entrance at the left

2012-01-14_12-18-11_301.jpg

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I went and was frustrated standing in line between tables unable to move.

I didn't see what I went to find which was a Rossi trapper in 44 mag. Saw a couple of stainless but could get them cheaper elsewhere.

I picked up a gun belt, 100 rounds of 44 special, and a +2 extension for a G21 magazine and an ESEE neck knife.

I got a close look at the Ruger LCRs and decided I finally liked them, so instead of trying to wade through looking for a deal, I just went down to Bradis and bought one in 357, a box of personal defense 357 and a fobus holster for my G21.

Beemer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Bloomington
    I went, found a decent price on the Public Defender that I wanted. It was by no means a deal, but a fair price. Plus my wife told me, "You came here to get that gun and we aren't leaving without it", she and my girls spent two plus hours looking around. Stopped by the INGO booth and said hello. It was nice to put some faces to the forum.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Coolest thing I saw today was a Luger... All matching numbers including on two mags.

Not in my price range though...

Top Bottom