• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    A new brand of cigars called FOUNDRY just arrived at the cigar lounge. The manufacturer wants to sponsor a cigar event so I figured that the NWI INGO group might be up for another evening get together. OPEN CARRY is optional, but if you want to pop your OC cherry in a place that will welcome your gun without question, this is the friendliest place to begin your OC journey that I know of :yesway:

We've tried some of these new Foundry cigars at the lounge and they are moderately priced and fairly mild so they won't get newbies sick, but have enough old world cigar character to keep experienced smokers interested.

From the public press release:

General Cigar is proud to introduce FOUNDRY, a new boutique collection created to amplify the artistry and romanticism of premium cigars.

FOUNDRY is a stark juxtaposition between the old and the new. This visually-arresting collection was inspired by the art form of “steampunk,” which is both a retrospective and futuristic interpretation of innovation.

FOUNDRY is the brainchild of Michael Giannini who led the team that created the breakthrough brand. “Innovation comes from many sources,” he notes. “It is a pleasure and an honor to be able to call upon our greatest resources: the collective talent of cigar masters, our expertise in tobacco cultivation, processing and blending and the creativity of our artisan cigar rollers and box makers to bring FOUNDRY to fruition.”

Through a groundbreaking approach previously unseen in the premium cigar category, FOUNDRY entices the premium cigar connoisseur to take a bold step back in time and a quantum leap into the future to envision the artistry of handmade cigars through the lens of unbridled innovation.
    Foundry-Talbot_box_loRes.jpg

Visual considerations aside, FOUNDRY’s avant-garde approach extends to its masterfully balanced synthesis of flavors. Featuring an indulgent collection of five proprietary tobaccos from four different countries, each aged between three and six years, Foundry’s foundation is amplified through an eight year old wrapper developed by General Cigar. Called H-47 Pleno Sol, the lustrous wrapper imparts a deeply complex, layered smoking experience like no other.

As always, cigar smoking is OPTIONAL. We won't pressure anyone to buy or smoke a cigar. The event will have complimentary coffee, water and pepsi. There will be a guitar player in the lounge playing older rock, classics, etc. We may have snacks to munch on???

As is typical, the event will run from 6pm to 9pm. If the parking lot is full, feel free to park in the lot next door on the west side of the property.

Picture6-1.png

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    I'll be there.
    I tried a foundry last week. They are a very mellow smoke, I liked them very much. They would be an awesome bachelor party cigar.

scsbronco

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 30, 2012
    I might be able to make this one!! I checked out the shop on Saturday with my father-in-law. Its looks a deceiving from the outside. Nice inviting place. Very comfortable couches. I had a Romeo& Julieta while watching the Army/Navy game. If anyone is one the fence about patronizing, dont be. The staff is nice and very helpful.

*After having that Romeo&Julieta on an empty stomach I realized very quickly how long its been since I had a good cigar. And a Churchhill at that hahah.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    A morning reminder bump . . . while puffing a MONTECRISTO EPIC #2 . . . WOW this is a nice cigar :yesway: We won't be featuring this cigar at the event, because I only was able to get 3 boxes, 10 cigars each, of this very limited production tobacco wonder.
    Montecristo-Epic-No.-2.jpg

I might be able to make this one!! I checked out the shop on Saturday with my father-in-law. Its looks a deceiving from the outside. Nice inviting place. Very comfortable couches. I had a Romeo& Julieta while watching the Army/Navy game. If anyone is one the fence about patronizing, dont be. The staff is nice and very helpful.
    Great, hope to see you at the event and thanks for the compliment about the store.

The outside of the building does not portray the comfortable atmosphere that we tried to create on the inside. . . but as I don't own the building there is not much I can do to the outside.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Still puffing on the Monte EPIC #2 maduro.

WOW. GREAT, absolutely GREAT cigar. Very smooth. Getting a good buzz, probably not going to get any work done this morning.

I need a roach clip to hold it because I've smoked it down to the end and am burning my lips . . . its THAT good.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    because I don't get another day off till christmas, and I have to finish re-enforcing my floor below where my safe is going to go, and then I have to do some business running. Followed by dawning an SCBA and getting on a treadmill for the yearly physical to make sure I can still raise my heart rate whilst on bottled air, and prove that I will not pass out... Well something like that. A cigar today would be counter productive.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom