January 19th - Gun Appreciation Day (all threads merged)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    How is this thread just dying... everyone is crying about losing gun rights and yet this thread gets no interest on the board?

I think this is a great thing....

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Sounds good.
    Remember to stay civilized when the opposition screams at you and spits in your face.
    The police, if present, will do nothing to protect you from left-wing violence and the News Media, if present, will be trolling for footage and remarks to use to paint gun-owners as dangerous, stupid, racist, woman-hating, slobs.

jb1212

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Do you think gun owners could really work together and organize a something even close to the Occupy Wall Street movement? I just don't see gun owners getting in a big group except at a gun show.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Do you think gun owners could really work together and organize a something even close to the Occupy Wall Street movement? I just don't see gun owners getting in a big group except at a gun show.

Well, no, not like Occupy Wall Street.
    We wouldn't have millions of dollars in backing from George Soros.
    We wouldn't rape the women who showed up.
    We wouldn't make a mess and spit on those who came to clean it up.
    We wouldn't take a crap on a police car (OK, there's maybe a couple of LEO haters who would consider it).
    We wouldn't use illegal drugs the entire time.
    We wouldn't have an adoring press to cover everything said and done in the best possible light and cover up anything negative that happened. The press coverage will be exactly the opposite of that.

We still ought to do it.

RabbleRouser

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    Mishawaka
    And don't wear cammo or "tactical" gear, dress nice and look respectable. If you choose th carry carry concealled and havy your LTCH with you. The media will look for any way to make us look like crazies or grubby or like some survivalits nutbags, don't gine them any ammo to use. If they put you on camera,and they will, don't get emotional or go into a tyrade, answer their questions calmly and with knowledge and fact. Don't let them use your words to paint us as "loose cannons" or "mad dogs"

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I'll. Be at the 1500 with my son.

There will be an event outside of the gun show, but I do not have the link with the indignation.

How is this thread just dying... everyone is crying about losing gun rights and yet this thread gets no interest on the board?

I could have put James Yeager in the thread title. Lol

Yes!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    And don't wear cammo or "tactical" gear, dress nice and look respectable. If you choose th carry carry concealled and havy your LTCH with you. The media will look for any way to make us look like crazies or grubby or like some survivalits nutbags, don't gine them any ammo to use. If they put you on camera,and they will, don't get emotional or go into a tyrade, answer their questions calmly and with knowledge and fact. Don't let them use your words to paint us as "loose cannons" or "mad dogs"

Exactly they tried that at all the Tea party Rallies...they picked the ones dressed funny and who had no idea how to articulate what the movement was about.

I think an appropriate answer is we are here to protect our second amendment Constitutional rights. KISS

My sign will read...

A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders.
    Larry Elder

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Both of these quote are from Thomas Jefferson.

If you have not read his quotes here is a link he really had an insight of our future as a country.
    The Greatest Thomas Jefferson quotes

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    www.guncontrolmorecrime.com is a website organizing a massive, transnational march on state capitals on January 19th at High Noon for the purpose of protesting the National Assault Weapons Ban Legislation of 2013.

Nutnfancy, a popular YouTube personality has plugged this in a video this evening: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUAfft7l4wQ

I for one will be there Noon on the steps of the Capital Building in Indianapolis armed with Picket Signs and Political Rhetoric at the ready.

Am I going to see any other INGO members there? Please respond and we can plan to get this going and make sure Indiana has a hand in the fight to resist these oppressive new gun laws that hang in Congress as I write this tonight.

Coming just Hours after US VP Joe Biden let loose that he and President Obama are more than happy to extend Executive Order and Power to push gun control legislation on peaceful American gun owners regardless of Congressional debate, I think that being as visible as possible on this issue may be the only shot we've got yet of getting through this period unscathed.

Who's with me?
    ~LT

***Wow, totally misspelled Capital in the title. My appologies.

Is this the one replacing the one on
    the 8th of February?
    Peaceful demonstration meet and walk for Hoosier gun owners. | Facebook

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

This:

What are the National gun organizations saying about this? While I certainly appreciate good intentions, I kinda need the NRA to put out the "Now is the time. This what we are doing," alert.

I wonder how much press we can get going to gun shops and ranges like we do anyway? Then again, I certainly understand why encouraging folks to strap on their guns for show and tell at the statehouse could make for a huge PR nightmare with media dying for bad press or even creating it.

I'm not seeing or hearing about this on the news which makes me question whether this organization is sending press releases. Why wouldn't they do it ON inauguration day? That would be the big "news" and this would be everything else.

nsheepdog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Carmel, IN
    Jan 19

Nutnfancy has posted a video advocating for 2nd Amendment patriots to gather at our State Capitals at noon on that day. This page Welcome | Gun Appreciation Day | January 19, 2013 asks us to go to a gun store, range, or show. However, I believe showing up at the State Capital would be much more effective.

I know not everybody is a TNP fan. However, he has a voice, a following, and I think we all agree we should unify to fight the forces and laws being planned against us.

I will be at the State Capital building on Saturday the 19th at noon. It is the weekend of the gun show, so many of us will be out and about anyway. I hope to see you there.

NS

nsheepdog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Carmel, IN
    I'm surprised there has been little interest in gathering. But, if there is a consensus on where to meet or what to do, I'll be there. I like the idea of meeting downtown on the 19th. At least on a Saturday it'll be easier to park.
    I just don't know how going to the gun show will get any attention. Either way, I'll try to participate.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I'm surprised there has been little interest in gathering. But, if there is a consensus on where to meet or what to do, I'll be there. I like the idea of meeting downtown on the 19th. At least on a Saturday it'll be easier to park.
    I just don't know how going to the gun show will get any attention. Either way, I'll try to participate.

Pick a location and go. Don't wait on a concensus because that won't happen.

Top Bottom