January 19th - Gun Appreciation Day (all threads merged)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    100 people at one spot will likely have less influence than 5 people at 20 locations. Think globally, act locally as they say.

Yeah, I know that, but there are two activities that day and thousands of gun owners in Indianapolis, alone. There is no need in trying to organize anything when the activities have already been set and they only need the warm bodies to show up. This takes away all the excuses. Just show up!

LordTio3

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 12, 2010
    McCordsville
    ANOTHER great video from a high-class YouTuber Hickok45, advocating for the January 19th meeting at State Capitols across America.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yMcH60xX1o

It's really catching fire. Please show all the support you can. January 19th, 12:00pm Noon. I really hope to see you there. And if you're planning on being there, please respond to let us know and hopefully nudge others toward committing as well.

Stay in the fight,
    ~LT

Nick4562

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Jan 19th March on state Capitol.

Just wanted to see who will heading to the state capitol January 19th at noon. Looks like every single state has some kind of organized peaceful informational protest.

1nthechmber

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2012
    People really need to take action and just show up. Today its guns tomorrow it will be what we eat,or drive or watch on tv. This is bigger than just the 2nd amendment.

Mellow

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Harrison County
    Where is a good place to park?
    Are there any city laws about concealed carry in Indy that differ from the state?
    How the hell do you construct a decent quality protest sign?

Last edited:

KurtassFW

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I have a previous shooting engagement on the 19th. It's been scheduled for months because the date worked best for all involved. I really wanted to be there, for the march. Too bad it's not the 18th since I will likely be heading to the 1500 show.

Mordred

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    I work down town....I'll be there. My sign with have the 2nd Amendment written on it. I will bold the words stating "A well regulated Militia".

jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    112   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    I've NEVER been to downtown Indy.

Where would be a good place to park, as I'd like to show up at the capitol building at noon. I'm sure it's going to be a mess that day, with the 1500, the rv show, and this rally on top of things.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I've NEVER been to downtown Indy.

Where would be a good place to park, as I'd like to show up at the capitol building at noon. I'm sure it's going to be a mess that day, with the 1500, the rv show, and this rally on top of things.

There's an "off the beaten path" parking garage at Pan American Plaza which is underground. I park here every day of the week and it is hardly ever filled to capacity.

It sits directly under the Pan American Plaza building located at 201 S. Capitol Avenue. This is directly SOUTH of St. John's Catholic Church. You can access the underground garage from either Capitol Street (one-way going south) or from Illinois Street (one-way going north).

jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    112   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    Thanks for the tip! I assume there's a fee to park there? Do they take cash or card?

Also, which side of the capitol building is the "front", N/S/E/W? It's not obvious from google maps.

There's an "off the beaten path" parking garage at Pan American Plaza which is underground. I park here every day of the week and it is hardly ever filled to capacity.

It sits directly under the Pan American Plaza building located at 201 S. Capitol Avenue. This is directly SOUTH of St. John's Catholic Church. You can access the underground garage from either Capitol Street (one-way going south) or from Illinois Street (one-way going north).

Top Bottom