Basic Safety

Weapon care and maintenance

Weapon loading and manipulation

Basic Marksmanship

Firearms Ownership and Mindset

Equipment for Firearms Goals

Future Training To Meet Firearms Goals

Cost $100 per person + $25 range feefor non NBRGC Members

Never More than a 3/1 student to instructorratio on the shooting line. Class sizelimited to 12. Students required to havetheir own handgun and 50 rounds of ammunition.

Questions can be emailed to lead instructor attyr1training@gmail.com or call 219-369-3733

MakeChecks payable to Tyr 1 Training Corporation. We also accept all major credit cards and Paypal. 50% non refundable Deposit secures your spotin the class. Full payment due by theclass date.

Unsafe gun handling or inability to followrange commands will result in dismissal from class with out refund.

tyr1toby

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Northwest Indiana
    Butch this class is held in Michigan between New Buffalo and Union Pier. I never attended an NRA basic class but from what I am told it differs by the fact that we are hands on with your own gun and after we cover the safety and basic marksmanship portion there is a live fire range at the end of class. If I am incorrect in what is contained in the NRA class perhaps you could let me know. I am not real familiar with their class. If you have taken the NRA class perhaps our fundamentals class would better suit your. We do much more live fire and we work on weapons manipulation (i.e. reloads, malfunction, uses of cover, and those type of topics)

12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there
    I love New Buffalo, nice little lake town. As an Indiana resident with LTCH can I take my gun to that range and still be legal?

inccwchris

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    Southside of Indiana
    Butch this class is held in Michigan between New Buffalo and Union Pier. I never attended an NRA basic class but from what I am told it differs by the fact that we are hands on with your own gun and after we cover the safety and basic marksmanship portion there is a live fire range at the end of class. If I am incorrect in what is contained in the NRA class perhaps you could let me know. I am not real familiar with their class. If you have taken the NRA class perhaps our fundamentals class would better suit your. We do much more live fire and we work on weapons manipulation (i.e. reloads, malfunction, uses of cover, and those type of topics)

NRA course does allow for use of your own gun and ammo, we have a live fire round at the end of class and we do fully cover, safety, maintenance, weapons selection, fundamentals of shooting, and we also cover all three main types of weapons, semi auto pistol, double action revolver, and single action revolver, how to operate them, clear malfunctions and shoot them. The idea is that when a student completes the course, they will be fully versed in what they need to do to own and shoot handguns safely.

tyr1toby

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Northwest Indiana
    NRA course does allow for use of your own gun and ammo, we have a live fire round at the end of class and we do fully cover, safety, maintenance, weapons selection, fundamentals of shooting, and we also cover all three main types of weapons, semi auto pistol, double action revolver, and single action revolver, how to operate them, clear malfunctions and shoot them. The idea is that when a student completes the course, they will be fully versed in what they need to do to own and shoot handguns safely.

I stand corrected. I was informed that the entry level class had not hands on. This is good to know. Thanks.

Top Bottom