• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tdcompton

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    Every few months my best friend and I have a girls' weekend at a cabin where we can shoot to our heart's content.. We had two virgin shooters, last summer we had more, and they always leave feeling comfortable and enjoying their shooting.

In the summer we fish, drink, have a bonfire, and swim as well.. But here's a few pics from this session.

DSC_7034_zpsd36415c0.jpg

This was her first time ever holding or shooting a firearm... I know she is "teacupping" but we want her to feel a little confident her first time, and we finesse stuff when they return for another weekend.
    DSC_7037_8x10_zps336ffc4c.jpg

Our second virgin of the weekend..
    DSC_7077_8x10_zpse2183e51.jpg

My BFF... She and I often go shooting for a little stress release and she is always my companion for the Indy 1500.
    DSC_7054_8x10_zps4180cb47.jpg

And I guess I'll throw in a few of me..
    DSC_7085_8x10_zps1ded0383.jpg

DSC_7080_8x10_zpsa5389ad2.jpg

DSC_7082_8x10_zpse4612ee6.jpg

DSC_7057_8x10_zps27350820.jpg

DSC_7044_8x10_zpsc06ed755.jpg

DSC_7042_8x10_zps088ece2f.jpg

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    In the photo of the first girl it looks like she is right handed, but also looks like she may have her right eye closed??? If so then she is left eye dominant. It may just be the photo and she may just be squinting with her right eye. But if she is cross dominant shooting then she may want to try shooting lefty, or putting a patch over her left eye, or putting on different sights on her gun, etc.

rotortech

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Excellent that you and your friends have a nice place to shoot and learn about firearms. My wife is looking forward to attending the NRA basic handgun training this spring.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I like the pic of the 1st virgin... hehe.... sorry couldn't help myself. Anyway glad you have friends to share your interest with and a good place to shoot. Ever let boys tag along? I have some nice things to shoot. ;)

Last edited:

Tdcompton

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    In the photo of the first girl it looks like she is right handed, but also looks like she may have her right eye closed??? If so then she is left eye dominant. It may just be the photo and she may just be squinting with her right eye. But if she is cross dominant shooting then she may want to try shooting lefty, or putting a patch over her left eye, or putting on different sights on her gun, etc.

Great observation! I will certainly discuss these things with her the next time we shoot and begin working on her form! Thank you!

Third girl, eye pro?

Yeah, I know she had some, dunno what happened in that frame..

Were your ears ringing a bit in that last photo?

:D

To be honest, my ears ring constantly... Radio headsets when I was a Dispatcher, radios on my shoulder lapels since working the road,loud music, and shooting for YEARS without ANY ear protection have taken their toll.... I literally just bought those "ears" the day before this shoot.. Bad Tiffany - Iknow!

Good on you gals. Keep adding shooters!:yesway:

We do our best! :) One of the newbies on this weekend was actually FOR the gun ban... Then I explained that my GLock 22 would be included in that bad and had to be NFA registered if it passed as written... The look of confusion on her face was priceless and she goes "But that's not an assault weapon"... Exactly... Then we discussed why an AR isn't an assault weapon either!

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    I hate to admit it but I was noticing how pretty the women were then had to go back and look at the pictures again to see the guns and equipment.
    Looks like fun.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    +1 for educating on "Assault Weapon" misconceptions.
    +1 for teaching new shooters.

Outside I don't find hearing protection such a big deal.

hzwj67

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    hendricks county
    Got my wife to start to shoot a few years ago. When we first married, she hated guns! But when i finally got her to shoot, she got over, (mostly) her fear of them ,and enjoyed the shooting. Incedentally, I didn't have a.22, so she started with a Beretta .40 s&w, and a 1911 .45 acp. Liked the .40 better. Doesn't go with me as much as I'd like ( every week if I could!) but she's supportive of me and my shooting.

Top Bottom