• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    News media said the 7.2 originated in about the same place as the big 9.0! What they are having as aftershocks would normally be called major earthquakes. They dodged a big one because these last quakes did not cause a tsunami.

Srtsi4wd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The quakes are definitely NOT helping thats for sure.
    The nuclear crisis in Fukushima is not just Japan's problem. It is a WORLD problem. Do a little digging and research and you will find that the media isn't telling the whole story. TEPCO and the Japanese gov are not letting on just how bad it really is.
    3 of the reactors have melted down, the core of #1 was fully exposed with no cooling water for ~27 HOURS. #2 and #3 were exposed for ~8 hours. The containment units are now 2/3 full of water and salt buildup and getting shaken like tumblers with every aftershock. The reactor containment units were not designed to support the weight of all that water. Immediately after the the aftershock on the 8th, the radiation reading at #1 went from ~32 sieverts/hr to 100+ sieverts/hour. The scale stopped at 100, TEPCO is not telling what the real reading is. Thats full sieverts not microsieverts. The annual limit for MICROsieverts was 100 per year. The temp also jumped then dropped. My guess? The quakes are shaking the cores, causing further internal damage and fuel melting. They may also have damaged containment. I hope that they can somehow cool the cores before they burn their way thru containment and into the building. God help us all if they lose containment of one of the cores. Even without that, there is now a large section of Northern Japan that will be uninhabitable, essentially FOREVER.

The Pearl Harbor comments only show the depth of the poster's ignorance about what is happening over there. Radiation knows no border or race. It is here, in our state, RIGHT NOW.

IMHO, we will know within 6 months from now if the 3/11 disaster is a TEOTWAWKI trigger. The ripples of this event are circling the globe and it will have far reaching consequences, economically, financially and enviromentally. I hope and pray that we avoid the worst, but even the best outcomes are not necessarily good. What I do know is that that quake on 3/11 shifted the world, literally and figuratively. :ingo::patriot:

MrsXtremeVel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Our school district just notified us today that we are now having "earthquake drills". Basically, it's the same thing as a 1950's nuclear threat...." Duck and cover!"
    Fire, Tornado, now Earthquake. I wonder if they'll have Tsunami drills next. You never know about Lake Michigan or Erie.

Top Bottom