• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IamLegend

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    All the way Southern Indiana
    Anybody members or know about Jasper Rifle and Gun Club? Not a whole lot of activity on their FB page or website. Are they pretty active with events and such? Looking to get to know some people and possibly shoot some matches. Want to get family involved also so looking for good family oriented club. Any info appreciated. Also any other clubs in Southern Indiana area? I'm in Santa Claus.
    Thanks

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Anybody members or know about Jasper Rifle and Gun Club? Not a whole lot of activity on their FB page or website. Are they pretty active with events and such? Looking to get to know some people and possibly shoot some matches. Want to get family involved also so looking for good family oriented club. Any info appreciated. Also any other clubs in Southern Indiana area? I'm in Santa Claus.
    Thanks
    That explains his big belly! :): Sorry - couldn't resist. I don't have an answer to your question though, but hopefully others will chime in.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I'm interested as well, just moved to Jasper from St. Anthony (not very far, but I don't have a shooting range in my back yard anymore)

kml

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2013
    United States
    Dave's is a very good place. They have a range with 25, 50, and 100 yrd points if i remember correctly. The store is outstanding! Very good selection of guns and accessories, prices comparable to on-line, and a knowledgeable, friendly staff.

I was a member of the club in Jasper for a year but only went a handful of times. I was transferred back to VA so I never renewed but was just thinking about giving them a call again last week. They are an older group but everyone I ran into was friendly and helpful.

They run the range old school - clean up your mess, take care of things and obey the shooting hours so you don't spin up the rich folk that have built their houses around the range. The way a range should be run in IMHO. I never had any trouble but I did see a few people get some "polite direction" but they had earned it.

They were a bit expensive for the first year but not bad after that.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I 2nd that Dave's is a GREAT place, with an awesome selection of long guns, and very fair prices! I have a younger brother in Winslow, and we make it a point to hit Dave's when I'm down for a visit. We haven't used their range yet, but definitely LOVE that place. My brother has good things to say about Jeff's place in Jasper, he's a fan, but I've only been in there once.

dennymac

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    La Grange, KY
    I am afraid that I don't know anything about the Jasper gun Club, but you asked about other clubs in southern Indiana. The Southern Indiana Rifle & Pistol Club is alive and well, and taking membership applications. You do not have to be a member to shoot the matches, but it gets you a cheaper entry fee. We have a Garand match scheduled for this Saturday, and indoor small bore rifle matches also scheduled. There are a lot of opportunities to shoot matches there, as well as casual shooting. Contact me for more information, or go to the web site. Best of luck. DennyMac

IamLegend

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Yeah I shoot at Daves a lot but looking for a club and to meet some people. Marv: who's Jim Peters? Dennymac: where is this club located? I looked at website and looks like around Clarksville or towards Louisville or something. May be a bit far but interested in more info or maybe coming to take a look at the place if that's possible.
    Thanks for all the reponses so far. Anybody else know anything about the Jasper club?

marv

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Gatchel, IN
    Yeah I shoot at Daves a lot but looking for a club and to meet some people. Marv: who's Jim Peters? Dennymac: where is this club located? I looked at website and looks like around Clarksville or towards Louisville or something. May be a bit far but interested in more info or maybe coming to take a look at the place if that's possible.
    Thanks for all the reponses so far. Anybody else know anything about the Jasper club?
    The next closer club to you with open membership would be Owensboro Rifle and Pistol Club, at Lewisport, KY. It is actually closer than Jasper to my house. They hold .22 benchrest, high power rifle, bullseye pistol, USPSA, and 3 gun matches in season. The ranges are available for members' use when matches are not in session.

dennymac

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    La Grange, KY
    SIRAPC is 2 miles southeast of Borden, IN, on highway 60. Street address is 17906. It is close to the Hoosier Hills Golf Club bordering the Hoosier National Forest. Feel free to drop by. Contact me and we will arrange a trial run. DennyMac

gmcman355

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2011
    I work in Jasper and have been to the club once with one of the members. Nice place and from what I seen good people. As for daves in Holland I've heard good things about the range but never been personally and due to differences in opinion will never set foot in that store again.

caverjamie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Dubois Co.
    Didn't realize I have so many INGO neighbors. I'm near Ferdinand - although I can't really contribute much to the discussion. I don't practice as often with ammo prices and shortages - I've mainly been working off what I had saved up. I shoot on property I own in Orange county and haven't been to a gun range in probably 10 years. Because of that I really never socialize with other gun owners and I would have to learn from scratch how to operate in a setting like that. I've thought about checking into the Jasper Gun Club and visit Daves sometime but have never been to either. Also I have told myself no more guns for a while so maybe I shouldn't go to Daves...

IamLegend

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    I work in Jasper and have been to the club once with one of the members. Nice place and from what I seen good people. As for daves in Holland I've heard good things about the range but never been personally and due to differences in opinion will never set foot in that store again.
    Well I'm curious now. I've heard one other person say that he would never go back also.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Me too, I have never had any issues with them and I go there quite often.

x3. I live too far away to go to Dave's often, but when I visit my younger brother at his place a couple times a year, we make it a point to stop in, usually more than once during my visit. I'm definitely a fan!

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    I've got deep family roots in Jasper, but unfortunately, I'm stuck in Indy. I only get down there a few times a year for holidays, so I don't have any information on the Gun Club for you. My family owned Jasper Wood Products, before it changed hands and went under. We still own a tree farm (wilderness) down there so I shoot there when I can.

gunselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    32   2   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Indy
    I can answer just about any questions you have about that club. My father was the president up until about a month ago. It's now gated to keep non members out. They do a lot of matches there. the only shortcoming i could possibly see is that the club is on 100yds on the rifle range.

Check out the website for more info. Jasper Rifle & Gun Club

Let me know if you have any questions

NinnJinn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 10, 2011
    Loogootee (Lo Go Tee
    When I got into shooting 4yrs ago, I purchased a membership at the Jasper Rifle & Gun club. They didn't have the gate up so non members pretty much came and went as they pleased. One thing that ticked me off was people with shotguns would go on the 25yd pistol range and shoot the crap out of the wooden target holders. Someone put time, money and effort into those target holders and more times than not, they were so shot up with buck shot, you couldn't even hang a target on them. Then you have a certain older gentleman there, though quite friendly is ALWAYS there policing the range for brass. Several times he would be picking up my brass as I was shooting to keep for himself. Which I told him numerous times that I wanted to keep my brass because I reloaded. He is a very talkative fellow, but there were times that I just wanted to shoot and usually spent more time there listening to him about the weather than actually shooting.

2yrs ago, I got tired of having to bring my own target holders etc and losing brass to the brass picker upper. lol So I never went back. Now that they have a gate, I am hopeful that the target holders are not mutilated by uncaring individuals and I can enjoy my time there. ALTHOUGH, Today marks 6 weeks since my check cleared the bank and I am getting really tired of waiting for my membership card to arrive.

As for competitions etc: The practical pistol info I got from Jim Peter, usually about 10-15 people show up for it. Since the range is small, after each run, they have to dismantle the course and set up the next one. I plan on trying it out this year.

They also have trap, High power 100yd, black powder, and Target/varmit prone matches.

You might give their website another try, and click on events at the top of the page. Jasper Rifle & Gun Club

Top Bottom