• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I sure it hurts like hell, but that's not too bad.
    Agreed. Given the chance between a gas burn and hot glue, I'll take gas any day. Ive had both and hot glue (or anything else that causes the hot material to stick to your skin that wont come off quickly) is truly awful. With Gas, you can stop drop and roll and the heat is gone. With hot glue and the like, the heat just cant be easily removed. The heat is there and stuck to you, and no easy way to get it off. And when you try to rip it off in the moment, the top layer of skin goes with it. (and you burn the skin you use to try to remove the hot glue) So even if the burn isnt that bad per se, You've lost the top layer as if it were, so its a moot point. The next several days are going to suck for you.

Ive been burned in flashovers and other situations. NOTHING holds a candle to hot glue. I feel for those back in the day that were tarred and feathered. That had to be excruciating.

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    Agreed. Given the chance between a gas burn and hot glue, I'll take gas any day. Ive had both and hot glue (or anything else that causes the hot material to stick to your skin that wont come off quickly) is truly awful. With Gas, you can stop drop and roll and the heat is gone. With hot glue and the like, the heat just cant be easily removed. The heat is there and stuck to you, and no easy way to get it off. And when you try to rip it off in the moment, the top layer of skin goes with it. (and you burn the skin you use to try to remove the hot glue) So even if the burn isnt that bad per se, You've lost the top layer as if it were, so its a moot point. The next several days are going to suck for you.

Ive been burned in flashovers and other situations. NOTHING holds a candle to hot glue. I feel for those back in the day that were tarred and feathered. That had to be excruciating.

Having worked in an industrial wood shop that used hot glue to bond polymers to wood, I’ve learned a few things. With hot glues, don’t try to peel them off right away. Instead, find some cool metal (hammer head, screwdriver tip, anything metal) and press it against the glue. It’ll transfer the heat to the metal and cool/solidify the glue so you can then safely peel it off. :)

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

It's a shame it hit your face!

I couldn't keep from staring at your hideousity the last time we met!

Top Bottom