• ...and so much more!
  • Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    From Facebook

It came to my attention that an off-duty, uniformed police officer in Fort Wayne, Indiana was asked to leave the JC Penney store simply because he was shopping while armed with a gun. Is this an official company policy? If so, I will spend my money elsewhere from now on.

Ottboys3

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Feb 8, 2013
    Indy
    :rules:I have carried many times in many different JC Pennies, but if it's true I would rather spend my money elsewhere! Hope some gets to the bottom of this!

6.5 million Indiana residents, 69% are over 18 yrs of age, that's 4.5 million adults, 500,000 of them have Indiana LTC's that's 1 in 9 adult persons have the RIGHT to Carry! If this is a JCPENNY Policy then we should all take our money elsewhere!

Last edited:

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Actually, 4.5 million adults have the RIGHT to carry. Only 500,000 have asked and received PERMISSION.

OP, where did you hear about this? I'm always looking for stuff like this and I haven't heard anything regarding this story.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    :rules:I have carried many times in many different JC Pennies, but if it's true I would rather spend my money elsewhere! Hope some gets to the bottom of this!

6.5 million Indiana residents, 69% are over 18 yrs of age, that's 4.5 million adults, 500,000 of them have Indiana LTC's that's 1 in 9 adult persons have the RIGHT to Carry! If this is a JCPENNY Policy then we should all take our money elsewhere!
    Problem is that not everybody with a LTCH gives a :poop: and they are happy to put the firearm in their car and come right back in the store.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    I was in Penney's this weekend while CC...just did not let them know. Besides, I never saw any signs or anything.:dunno:
    Was it the store in the OP? Managers at different stores might be able to make their own rules regarding carrying firearms and whether they want you there or not. Just like Buffalo Wild Wings.

Ottboys3

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Feb 8, 2013
    Indy
    Actually, 4.5 million adults have the RIGHT to carry. Only 500,000 have asked and received PERMISSION.

OP, where did you hear about this? I'm always looking for stuff like this and I haven't heard anything regarding this story.

I stand corrected!:(

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I abandoned JC Penny long ago. Bad vibes all around.

Bought my last suit at Men's Wearhouse on Coldwater in the Fort. They were quite happy to tailor it to fit my EDC.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    A year or so ago, the one in Clarksville got rid of at least 2 3rds of their registers, and now, if you can find one, it takes forever to pay and get the hell outta there. We quit going there months ago, but it wasn't due to any firearms policy.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    JC Penny's...I always CC in there...as I do elsewhere! I never give it a thought because I would anyway...regardless of their policy!

However, if it is an 'official policy' of JC Penny not to honor a individual's Constitution (and I might I add, 'state licensed') right to carry...there's plenty of other places that'll be just as happy to take my money...and respect my rights (and privileges)!

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    I abandoned JC Penny long ago. Bad vibes all around.

Bought my last suit at Men's Wearhouse on Coldwater in the Fort. They were quite happy to tailor it to fit my EDC.

I bought a couple sport coats a Men's wearhouse and had the same experience. We chatted about guns/hunting. I haven't has a problem at Penny's but I typically cc in crowded places.

Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    It was on facebook, posted by a member of FWPD.

Come to think of it, the only JCP that I can think of is in the mall, (a Simon property) and it may have been a mall rule. IDK.

Top Bottom