Jennifer-Ruth Green takes aim at political opposition after Politico publishes records of her sexual assault

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Tony Katz just covered this on WIBC as well. Paraphrasing Katz's take on the writer: scum of the Earth.

This is a new low even for dems and that bar is well below sea-level.

Jennifer-Ruth Green, the Republican candidate in the race to represent Indiana's 1st Congressional District, is livid after Politico published details about her sexual assault while in the military, without her permission, and blames her opponent for "illegally" obtaining the information. But now she's ready to speak out.

"I'm surprised because Adam Wren spent time in this article focusing on every single detail down to the skirt I was wearing, down to the color of the skirt I was wearing, down to every single knob I touched, all of those things, but yet he writes clinically about one of the worst days of my life," Green added. "He has no idea the concept of being forced to be in a four by four, round circular area, 30 feet in the ground in a tower where you only have windows and a 30-foot drop on the other side, 30-foot drop to escape somebody who was blocking your path [with] somebody who has a clear intent with a weapon in hand, who is focused on trying to take advantage of you, and you're able to escape that with minimal physical harm. And he wants to reduce that to 50 characters."

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I really don't understand what the own is supposed to be here for the Democrats. She appears to be a victim of this assault, certainly not a perpetrator.

Honestly, even in the original Politico article with its sneering tone, it seems hard to read the bad performance evaluation after the assault as anything other than the standard -for-the-time military coverup and retaliation. Those are well documented problems with countless examples.

It is news. This is a part of a candidate's background and is therefore relevant. But the left has (justifiably) beat the drum on the military's rape problem for long enough that it's pretty dumb to play this card in the race. Has the other candidate tried to bring it up and directly campaign on the claim that she was incompetent?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I really don't understand what the own is supposed to be here for the Democrats. She appears to be a victim of this assault, certainly not a perpetrator.

Honestly, even in the original Politico article with its sneering tone, it seems hard to read the bad performance evaluation after the assault as anything other than the standard -for-the-time military coverup and retaliation. Those are well documented problems with countless examples.

It is news. This is a part of a candidate's background and is therefore relevant. But the left has (justifiably) beat the drum on the military's rape problem for long enough that it's pretty dumb to play this card in the race. Has the other candidate tried to bring it up and directly campaign on the claim that she was incompetent?
    And get his hands dirty? That is what the media and PACs are for

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Tony Katz just covered this on WIBC as well. Paraphrasing Katz's take on the writer: scum of the Earth.

This is a new low even for dems and that bar is well below sea-level.

Jennifer-Ruth Green, the Republican candidate in the race to represent Indiana's 1st Congressional District, is livid after Politico published details about her sexual assault while in the military, without her permission, and blames her opponent for "illegally" obtaining the information. But now she's ready to speak out.

"I'm surprised because Adam Wren spent time in this article focusing on every single detail down to the skirt I was wearing, down to the color of the skirt I was wearing, down to every single knob I touched, all of those things, but yet he writes clinically about one of the worst days of my life," Green added. "He has no idea the concept of being forced to be in a four by four, round circular area, 30 feet in the ground in a tower where you only have windows and a 30-foot drop on the other side, 30-foot drop to escape somebody who was blocking your path [with] somebody who has a clear intent with a weapon in hand, who is focused on trying to take advantage of you, and you're able to escape that with minimal physical harm. And he wants to reduce that to 50 characters."

I have to disagree with Mr Katz, scum of the Earth look down on the writer.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    As usual, they took it just a little too far.

I havent read it of course, but I wonder if they had released everything in her records BUT the assault if it might have had the effect they desired?

I mean, if the records pretty much say she was assaulted, and afterward she had a crappy service record (due to the assault and the subsequent fallout) , what if they just released the after effects to show she was a "crappy soldier with behavior/performance problems"? That would force HER to reveal the assault to justify the exposed "issues" . IMHO that would be harder to recover from than what was released.

As released, she gets instant sympathy and it overshadowed the performance problems.

Frankly, this is the first I have heard about the performance issues due to the media concentrating on the sexual asault and ignoring everything else.

Last edited:

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Y'all makin' this too hard. She has a military background, which conventional wisdom considers to be a good thing in a candidate. The Democrats are tarnishing that military record in the public eye. And not without some good reasoning behind it. The Democrats know there's a certain type of old-bull white male military veteran, who will look down his nose at her because she had "issues." It might not be enough to cause him to vote democrat. But it sure might dampen his enthusiasm for voting republican. And that's what negative campaigning is designed to do. It doesn't persuade anyone to vote for the other side. It just lowers enthusiasm among those who might have been tempted to vote for the target.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    There are nine FOIA exemptions. The two that are applicable are in bold and larger:

Records (or portions of records) will be disclosed unless that disclosure harms an interest protected by a FOIA exemption. The nine FOIA exemptions are cited in the Act as 5 U.S.C. §552 (b)(1) through (b)(9):

(b)(1)--records currently and properly classified in the interest of national security;
    • (b)(2)--records related solely to the internal personnel rules and practices of the DoD or any of the DoD Components.
    • (b)(3)--records protected by another law that specifically exempts the information from public release;
    • (b)(4)--trade secrets and commercial or financial information obtained from a private source which would cause substantial competitive harm to the source if disclosed;
    • (b)(5)--internal records that are deliberative in nature and are part of the decision making process that contain opinions and recommendations;
    • (b)(6)--records which if released, would result in a clearly unwarranted invasion of personal privacy;
    • (b)(7)--investigatory records or information compiled for law enforcement purposes;
    • (b)(8)--records for the use of any agency responsible for the regulation or supervision of financial institutions; and
    • (b)(9)--records containing geological and geophysical information (including maps) concerning wells.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    "The Air Force" is a huge government organization with Title 10 USC responsibilities. "The Air Force" didn't do ****. An individual or individuals failed in their duty, responsibilities, and oath.

Mark my words, first Enlisted troop they find to blame will get crucified. One officer will retire, another will be "administratively reassigned".

EXCLUSIVE: The Air Force has taken responsibility for the release of an Indiana Republican House candidate's confidential personnel records that contained details about her sexual assault, according to two GOP congressmen from the Hoosier State.

In a joint statement that was first shared with Fox News Digital, Indiana GOP Rep. Jim Banks, who serves on the House Armed Services Committee, and Indiana GOP Rep. Larry Bucshon, described a discussion they had with Air Force Inspector General Lt. Gen. Stephen Davis about the Air Force Personnel Center’s release of Indiana 1st Congressional District candidate Air Force Lt. Col. Jennifer-Ruth Green’s confidential personnel records:

"On yesterday's call, the Air Force took full responsibility for improperly releasing Lt. Col. Green’s confidential personnel records to an opposition research firm just weeks before the midterm election. Lt. Gen. Davis informed us that the leaker has been identified and will be held accountable."

The congressmen also stated that there is an investigation underway to determine "whether the leaker had a political or financial motive" or had an accomplice in the release of Green's records.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The congressmen also stated that there is an investigation underway to determine "whether the leaker had a political or financial motive" or had an accomplice in the release of Green's records.
    Well what in the hell other motivation would there be? Either they got paid, or they wanted to take down a political opponent, or both.

We arent talking about Kelly's cousin who also was in the air force and just works as mechanical engineer at her family owned firm and nobody knows from Eve.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Top Bottom