• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • standanjohn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    My father-in-law asked me to clean his 9mm for him. "No problem," I say.

It's a freaking JS-9mm! I told him I wouldn't really feel comfortable even firing the thing, but I would try to get it clean for him.

I can't even figure out how to get the slide off. Does anybody have any experience with these that can at least share how to field strip the stupid thing?

standanjohn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    It sort of looks like the profile of a ball hitch protruding up from the frame, and the bottom of the slide is grooved to accept it. If that's the button, then yes.

phil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Bristol
    use the bottom of an ink pen to push the button in. It should only move a small amount. While pushing in, you should be able to lift the back of the slide off the frame.

Stubz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    Alexandria, IN
    Watch out you don't let that "button" piece fly off. I just spent an hour looking for the damn thing Saturday evening when I disassembled my Bryco T-380 >_<

standanjohn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Crap! I thought it was a Jennings; it's not. It says "Stallard Arms Inc., Manfactured Mansfield, OH." It looks like it might be a step down from the Jennings..
    Sorry about the confusion.

Does anybody have experience with Stallard?

Goober135

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Valparaiso
    I heard this was the easiest way to fix the problem! ;)

picture.php

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Stallard sounds like it may have inherited the Jennings designs, and is a "Ring of Fire" outfit. Raven, Jennings, Bryco, Jimenez, etc. JA has typically been a Jennings and Jimenez model designation. That 9 doesn't look like a bad design if it's made with appropriate materials, but pot metal just doesn't cut it for me.

standanjohn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    I whole-heartedly agree with the sentiments. As far as I'm concerned, it's a really ugly paperweight. If I could figure out how to get it apart, I really wouldn't have a problem "accidently" losing the firing pin mechanism.
    It hasn't been fired for about ten years, and I think it's pretty safe to say that it will probably just collect dust in the safe.
    That being said, I did tell him that I would try to get it cleaned up for him. I will try to take some pics and post them tonight.

standanjohn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    So here is what I have been able to find.

First, here is a pic.

picture.php
    [/IMG]

I also found the schematic.

picture.php
    [/IMG]

Hopefully it disassembles like a Hi-Point. At least you can find info about stripping those a little easier than a Stallard!

Will post the results tonight. I know everyone is beside themselves with anticipation:rolleyes:

standanjohn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    [/COLOR][URL="https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=5473&pictureid=18199%5b/IMG"][COLOR=#0000ff]https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=5473&pictureid=18199[/IMG[/COLOR][/URL][COLOR=#000000]][/COLOR][/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Calibri][IMG]https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=5473&pictureid=18198
    [/FONT]

Top Bottom