• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Interestingly, the story has an attached poll... at the time of my typing this, about 54% think the guy was brilliant and gave mom & son a good lesson, 42% thought he wasn't mean enough and should've given away pies to everybody else in the restaurant, and only 5% thought he was rude.

If the story is true, it's a win for BK (free publicity) and the guy... sucks for the mom and kid. But then, if they are as described, they've already got issues. :twocents:

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    :+1: for 'smart move'.

Me, I would've stood right in front of the kids, mashed all the pies in the bag, and tossed them in the garbage can, save 1. Which I would happily munch down in front of said brat and his p.o.s. Mom.

'Cause... I'm good like that! :lmfao:

Apologies to churchmouse for having to quote with the unnoticed misspelling. :yesway:

Last edited:

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    I vote BS on the story. How could the mom, being right behind him, not hear him first ask how many pies they had, then ask to buy all of them, and I wouldn't imagine that the kid behind the counter would know how many they had without going back and looking and counting them all.

Nice thought, but if I felt like I needed serenity, I wouldn't have gone into a fast food joint anyway.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    If I weren't such a cheapskate, it sounds like something I would have been tempted to do. (If I'd been behind the counter, I would have been tempted to tell the woman that even if the previous customer hand bought them). Unfortunately, it probably didn't change any minds.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I wouldn't say the guy's a jerk. I'll bet that pie tasted extra good topped with that whipped satisfaction.
    I voted "not mean enough, he should have started passing out free pies to everyone that wanted one."
    I wouldn't have handed them out. I'd be concerned one of the recipients would feel sorry for the brat and give him the pie. Better to walk out with 23 pies and a large grin.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    I'm torn. Athough it certainly would feel good to be part of someone else's comeuppance, what lesson is the harpy or her spawn going to learn? That other people are jerkwads who ruin your day for a personal slight? The only reason I don't outright disagree is that I am uncertain as to the proper response, since both mother and child obviously weren't going to be listening to some stranger attempt to impart a life lesson...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I vote BS on the story. How could the mom, being right behind him, not hear him first ask how many pies they had, then ask to buy all of them, and I wouldn't imagine that the kid behind the counter would know how many they had without going back and looking and counting them all.

Nice thought, but if I felt like I needed serenity, I wouldn't have gone into a fast food joint anyway.

I have seen moms and dads so stuck in the phone screen that nothing else existed.

forgop

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Southeast Indy
    Easy for everyone to pass judgment. What if her child has autism and doesn't have a good social understanding the way you or I would normally see it and has meltdowns over what may seem trivial. Would it be a brilliant move then?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

I have seen moms and dads so stuck in the phone screen that nothing else existed.

exactly. If mom had not been on the phone and actually parenting her kid, it may not have even been an issue in the first place. If she was that wrapped up in the phone, she would have been oblivious

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI

This, smells fishy. If true though, spending money to make a miserable person more miserable seems.....well...i wouldnt do it.

Top Bottom