• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jamstutz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 9, 2008
    Berne
    There are a couple threads on the board right now that contain some quite good SHTF stories, but I wonder how many of you remember the old Survivalist series of books written by Jerry Ahern?

Jerry wrote quite a large number of fiction books, but he also wrote a considerable number of magazine articles during the 80's and 90's for various gun magazines dealing primarily with concealment holsters and his favorite handgun, the Detonics Combat Master. Jerry, in fact, acted as President of the restored Detonics Corporation from 2004 - 2007.

Jerry passed away Tuesday, July 24, 2012 at his home in Jefferson, GA at the age of 66 after a brief battle with pancreatic cancer.

Obituary :(

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I remember the name well. Read a number of his article's back in the day.

I wonder if melensdad , being a connoisseur of the Detonics brand is aware of this?

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Jerry Ahern has an article in this month's SWAT magazine about the UZI carbine. He was a good writer and is going to be missed. RIP...

Dewidmt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    South of the Muscatatuck
    Jerry Ahern has passed....

Just saw on 1911Forum that gunwriter Jerry Ahern has died. He was the concealed carry columnist for Gun World magazine and had quite a few articles in other gun rags. He was a big Detonics fan and authored a series of "Survivalist" books where the main character carried those pistols.

Top Bottom