• ...and so much more!
  • Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    Some tidbits.

The guests all stayed in the same Green room getting along great with everyone else and drinking coffee and snacks before going nuts once they got in front of the camera.

Some of the stage pieces were not secured well and would easily topple over if someone was really flung into them in a melee.

At one time there was a fake circuit panel that was at the end of one of the aisles coming up from the stage. The staff were very concerned about the audience prying the real conduit and fake panel off the wall and using them as weapons. The wall they were attached to was beefed up and it would have taken serious demo tools to pry them off that wall.

Jerry was a really nice down to earth guy face to face.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    His show was certainly a big part of my childhood lol.
    I never had a clue how ****ed up the world was until JERRY! JERRY! JERRY!
    I might drive to the beech grove walmart shampoo isle today and start shouting JERRY! And see if I can drum anything up in his honor
    Don't forget the whopper chopper. In case a fast getaway is needed.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I remember when his show first sort of hit its stride. There was a certain guilty pleasure watching people put their dirty laundry out for the world to see. Eventually though, I just came to pity them. It was trash.

I don’t take pleasure in seeing JS’s demise. I do hope he was a believer and is with the Lord now.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Man I am just the right age to be that generation who stayed home sick from school, in a home with a basic TV, and watched Jerry Springer and The Price Is Right on daytime TV with no parents around to stop me.

That show was so ubiquitous in midwest kid culture that when there was a fight on the playground, the kids would start chanting "jerry, jerry, jerry!" It was everywhere. This was how we learned about the world.

RIP Jerry. I leave you all with this time capsule of my childhood.

Flingarrows

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 9, 2019
    Greenwood
    Man I am just the right age to be that generation who stayed home sick from school, in a home with a basic TV, and watched Jerry Springer and The Price Is Right on daytime TV with no parents around to stop me.

That show was so ubiquitous in midwest kid culture that when there was a fight on the playground, the kids would start chanting "jerry, jerry, jerry!" It was everywhere. This was how we learned about the world.

RIP Jerry. I leave you all with this time capsule of my childhood.

All that I remember when staying home from school in the 80s is boring tv and a lot of The General insurance commercials

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    This will change my life roughly 0%.

It kept me up last night....meh... might have been the coffee.

I'm not much the fan of "sweets", but now and then the better half makes a real cheese cake with berries...and nothing goes better with it than strong black coffee from fresh ground beans ran through a french press.

I bet I tossed for 3 maybe even 5 minutes.

Top Bottom