• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I just do not get all worked up over someone famous because they bit the dust. So many people pass by the way side that actually did something good for the world. This was nothing more than a pretty girl (by some peoples opinions) that bought it doing what she liked to do. Interesting to see all the "guys" fawning over her now that she is gone.

Serious question, what color were her eyes?

Blue. One blue this way, one blue that way.
    Besides being a "get your hands dirty" roll model for girls? We need more.

She holds multiple land speed records, and is currently the "fastest woman on 4 wheels". First Queen (not King) of the Hammers, sat on the Baja 1000 podium more than once.

What have YOU done with your life? Fastest snipe on the Internet?

While definitely rough around the edges, she was also the nicest person you could know. I don't think she knew she was "famous", just that she had a ton of friends she had only barely met.

I find your attempt at humor... sad... really.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I just do not get all worked up over someone famous because they bit the dust. So many people pass by the way side that actually did something good for the world. This was nothing more than a pretty girl (by some peoples opinions) that bought it doing what she liked to do. Interesting to see all the "guys" fawning over her now that she is gone.

I have zero idea but I could find out if that was all that mattered. I never saw here as a hotty. Cute maybe.

When I pass someone might miss me. Possibly. I hope so.
    When people of status pass they are missed by many. That you could give a crap is on you and should stay that way. Seriously.
    Your opinion is yours and you have the absolute right to have it. To share it in casual conversation with others is again your right if they care to listen. In here we attempt to be civil. Or has that been ignored by you sir.

I have raced with a lot of Pretty girls and a lot of average girls and a few that were not so easy on the eyes. If any of them ended their time on this earth in a race car I would respect that no matter their looks or beliefs.

Does that make sense to you or are you just rolling for attention.
    I would suggest you not post in this thread anymore. It is a serious suggestion. Try not to break VUPD's rule #1 in future please.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So what is the inherent value of your contribution to the conversation? You get off on throwing bombs to get attention or what? Maybe a bit of a perverted payoff for you? Just curious what drives some folks to immediately whiz in everyone else's Wheaties ?? It's called respect, get some!

Read through his posts. He is just another one of those guys.

CKW

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 3, 2018
    Indianapolis
    RIP Jesse.
    Being a female I saw her as a positive role model for woman wanting to get involved in racing and wrenching.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    RIP Jesse.
    Being a female I saw her as a positive role model for woman wanting to get involved in racing and wrenching.

Pioneers, trailblazers, and groundbreakers always... err well usually... command respect. RIP to a go-getter.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

...RIP, as I believe in respect for the dead...

I can see that.

Don't care about the subject? No problem. It was the perfect opportunity to do something very counterculture in 2019.

Don't say anything and move on.....but it just wasn't in you.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove

You seem familiar. No reason to be a Sainte, but................

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    In a day and age where women are woefully under-represented in so many classically male fields (engineering, autosports, pretty much anything science/tech related), Jessi was both well-known and respected by many. She was a true role model of what anyone could accomplish if they put their heart into it. Not only was she talented, but she was pretty well spoken and photogenic--all of which should mean that she should be sorely missed for all that she already contributed, and could have contributed in the future. It is some consolation that she did get to live life to its fullest and died doing so. Still, a heartfelt RIP for a remarkable woman.

Let's face it... positive role models just aren't so plentiful that we should ignore when one like Jessi Combs passes.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    She was an important part of the show Overhauling. Can't say one bad thing about her. And talented. She will be missed by so many.

Top Bottom