• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Interestingly I saw a Stutzman ad on Drudge just a while ago touting his endorsement. Now that's using limited resources well. The other candidates should take notice of this.

erowe1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    Interestingly I saw a Stutzman ad on Drudge just a while ago touting his endorsement. Now that's using limited resources well. The other candidates should take notice of this.

It wasn't his resources, it was the Senate "Conservatives" Fund that paid for that. One of the perks of kissing Demint's ring.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I don't think there's anyone out there that could reasonably argue that Demint is not a conservative, (no quotations). Even I can find enough about his actions and statements to admit that he's someone who walks his talk. Very few neocons in government could say the same.

erowe1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    I don't think there's anyone out there that could reasonably argue that Demint is not a conservative, (no quotations). Even I can find enough about his actions and statements to admit that he's someone who walks his talk. Very few neocons in government could say the same.
    Politicians are like tumors. The best you can hope for is that they be benign. I agree that Demint is the most benign tumor in the Senate. But that's not really saying much.

One of the things his PAC wants candidates to do is pledge to participate in a moratorium of earmarks, which is a classic example of a phony conservative position designed to make good sound bites, when it's actually meaningless, if not flat out unconstitutional. It's partly because of gimmicks like that that I used the quotation marks. That and the fact that sometimes his endorsements go to pretty liberal candidates, like Pat Toomey. It's pretty likely that getting people in there who will vote for him as Republican leader is at least part of his motivation.

It was also interesting that back when they first started looking at the Indiana race, they did a push poll, where they described each candidate in a way that was obviously favorable to Stutzman, and their knock against Hostettler in that poll was that his foreign policy was too right wing. It left the impression with me that Demint didn't want someone in there who would cause him to lose his status as the Senate's most conservative member.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Looks like DeMint just helped get Dan Coats elected to the Senate. Oh joy. An anti-gunner will be going to Washington. Just what we need.

Rather than uniting behind ONE conservative we are seeing support splinter between Hostettler and Stutzman and that is sure to get Coats elected.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    People are going to vote for THEIR candidate of choice and it may not necessarily be the one that you'd like. That's what happens in primaries.

Top Bottom