• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    A friend brought his pistol over and we went out to try it out. Had a couple failure to feeds. Just shoot 3 mags. He liked my CM9 and Hi-Power. Just checking to see others opinions. Should he keep it, or save up for a better pistol?

upalot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    PAWNEE
    From what I have seen the JA9 is junk, get something better. My Sister in law bought her man friend a JA9 and after 1 round of shooting the recoil broke the rear sight off so now it is in Nevada being repaired.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Find a gun buyback somewhere and drop that POS off for a few bucks/giftcard. That way you are not pawning it off on someone else.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    tell him to look for a a FEG hi power or a Makorov

Thanks for the opinions INGO. And the humor pute62. My Hi-Power (the one he shot) is a FEG, and he did like it. I think he liked the CM9 a little better. I told him he could get a CW9, that was a little bigger. He really liked that idea. I think what he really wants is a Glock 19, and though I'm not a "Glock guy" I know it would be a good gun for him. He's just not ready to put out that much cash. I will share everyone's opinions, he wanted to know what you thought. I will keep my eye on gunbroker, maybe I can spot a nice gen 3 for him...around tax time.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Glock 19 is hard to be for any type of defensive pistol. I would keep it, practice malfunctions, and save for a glock. I have a little Jennings 22 that I bought from an INGOer and it has been quite finicky, which I knew going in. I've shot it and blew out the extractor and now it works 50%, which I'm ok with...I only purchased it to make a holster for a gun my FIL inherited from his deceased father (adopted son stole and sold the rest of the collection).

It will work until he gets something better, a POS Jennings is better than nothing, but not by much.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    A Jimenez JA 9mm might be a really good gun to give to your ex-wife or a Washington politician to use.
    I, personally, would never, ever shoot one.

That's funny, It just hit me, I never shot it. I guess I had absolutely no desire, because if a friend brings over a new gun, I usually try it out. One look at it, and I decided "I'm good". Last time a friend brought a new gun over, it was a XDs. I really liked it. I was looking for guns on gunbroker last night for him, and found a CW9 for $339 NIB and only $20 for shipping. There is a good chance he will go that direction.

Jerry45Acp

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2010
    in the country
    That's funny, It just hit me, I never shot it. I guess I had absolutely no desire, because if a friend brings over a new gun, I usually try it out. One look at it, and I decided "I'm good". Last time a friend brought a new gun over, it was a XDs. I really liked it. I was looking for guns on gunbroker last night for him, and found a CW9 for $339 NIB and only $20 for shipping. There is a good chance he will go that direction.

Your friend is lucky to have you watching out for him! A Kahr CW9 is a much, much better made firearm.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence

Don't know your/his location but Top Guns in Terre Haute sell the CW9's @ $369

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Don't know your/his location but Top Guns in Terre Haute sell the CW9's @ $369

Thanks, but we're between Indy and Ft. Wayne, closer to Ft. Wayne. $369 + tax = $394.83 and $339 + $20 for shipping and $25 for FFL paperwork is $384. If I keep my eye on gunbroker, I can get some really good deals. The last CM9, I paid $350 + shipping and paperwork and got a spare mag with it. All NIB. The cheapest I have been able to find Kahr mags is from Midway, and they are $31. Again, thanks for the input though. Much appreciated.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    Jimenez was: Bryco Arms was: Jennings. They are now in Nevada because their guns would not pass the safety tests in California.

Of course the so-called safety tests in CA have nothing to do with safety and everything to do with restricting the availability of handguns. But the Jimenez is one of the successors of the "Saturday Night Special" guns from various So. Calif. based gun makers. Most have been run out of business or out of state.

I think these are collectible and cool guns. I would never rely on one for protection but they are interesting.

Top Bottom