• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BrianX

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Okay... yeah I already know the general opinion most of y'all have about the Bryco/Jennings line-up, but quite honestly, I've had a very positive experience today!:

I've had my JA-Nine for around close to two weeks, but never got around to trying it out. I purchased it NIB knowing that the paper-thing magazine had troubles falling from the well, so I found the culprit: the FEED RAMP!

Now with all of the FTF issues I've been hearing about, I figured, why not touch up the crappy burrs left on the ugly chunks of steel? lol

But 40+ rounds, even with double tapping or rapid fire, (I only did three rounds of it...) I had NO ERROR with feeding or ejecting, unless I'm slamming the slide with a full 9-11 rounds plus 1-3 Snap Caps.

tl;dr
    File your ramp, enjoy your $180 gun.:yesway:

BTW, does anyone else have any opinion on this Saturday Night Special? (Positive, Negative, Neutral)

backtrail540

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    Angola, IN
    I bought one for $60 and ended up gifting it to my grandfather a few months back. It fired fine and hit where I aimed it but it was uncomfortable in my hand. The triggerguard has sharp edges that cut my strong hand middle finger. Front sight was easy to pick up, being all bright orange. I wouldn't buy one for myself, and wasn't looking to, but a fellow gunowner needed money and I thought what the heck for $60.

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    No experience with JA-9 but do own a JA-32 and while the trigger is heavy the gun has never jammed . Maybe 200 rds so far. Trigger is getting a bit better with use. Considering a JA/LC 380. I paid $130 for my 32 w/3 mags NIB.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Seriously. I can coax just about any gun into firing 40 rounds. I consider the BREAKIN period on a new gun to be 500 rounds - usually in one or two range sessions. If I can pick up that dirty gun three or four days later and empty a mag rapid-fire without any issues - then it is *starting* to be considered reliable.

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    I've had a Jennings 380 for 20+ years and have never had a problem with it. The most important thing is twofold, 1) KEEP IT CLEAN, take it apart after each outing and clean it, 2) It's hard to train with as it has more kick than any other gun I own including a Kel-Tec P40. Beyond that it's the BEST training gun I have, trigger control, sighting, and follow up. This helps me to shoot all the others much better.

whitetrash

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2010
    lebanon
    i wanst impressed with this gun at all. kept jammin up after a couple quick double taps. and it doesnt feel "right" in my hand. good nightstand plinker, if it jams throw it at their head...lol

Top Bottom