• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • O2guy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    MSG2
    How can I call this a "Jobs Plan". Please educate me on how building roads and school repairs create long term job growth. I am slightly new to this so if it is possible please explain. I think once the road is done then what is next and where does the money come from it is not sustainable roads don't produce income after their done.

If the Mods would like to combine with the poll by Que feel free. Thank you

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I have a 30' flag pole in my front yard with the American flag sitting proudly on top of a USMC flag. After hearing Obamas latest speech, I have never been so tempted to turn the American flag upside down, as a signal of distress!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    I didnt like how Obama kept saying " Pass this bill NOW." Like he didnt want anyone to read what is in it.

Also,

Did anyone else notice how the camaras were typically only showing the people clapping? I thought it was just Ch. 4 so i switched to Fox and got the same thing.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Seriously, Did anyone really expect anything different?
    Same old song and dance.
    The positive side here is that he didn't interrupt NCIS again.

I was worried about thurs. night football lol ... But seriously, im glad he didnt say how much this "Jobs act" will cost because i may have had a heart attack on the spot.

Then he had the nerve to talk about how they recently passed the trillion dollars in cutting of gov spending over the next 10 years .... WE'RE OVER 14 TRILLION IN DEBT YOU DOUCHEBAG! Thats over 140 years to break even

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I salute all you masochists who managed to sit through that speech and NOT ONE WORD about needing a new television. Since I knew that the only thing I would hear if I watched was blaming Congress and wanting to spend more money we don't have, I decided to forego the aggravation.

Kase

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Crawfordsville
    I'm not good with economics, so I have a quick question....

What if they took that 4.5 Billion dollars, and split it up between every WORKING person in the U.S.? How would that effect the economy?

O2guy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    MSG2
    I listened on the radio, so television was safe for time being.

Second thought, how does a fout thousand dollar tax credit help?pay for a forty thousand dollar salary and benefit package.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Infrastructure based job creation plans never work to alleviate unemployment. Construction companies are not going out and hiring a laid off computer guy or gal to help rebuild. These jobs take years to complete and only insure employment for those that really already have a job in the industry. These types of programs are pro union scams, for the most part.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I'm not good with economics, so I have a quick question....

What if they took that 4.5 Billion dollars, and split it up between every WORKING person in the U.S.? How would that effect the economy?

Don't know the actual numbers, but if there are 10 million people working in the US, splitting 4.5 billion would only be $450 per person.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Did i hear Obama slip in the, "This Jobs Act will not be a part of reducing our spending" or something along those lines? Meaning this doesnt count towards the deficit?

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Same old speech from the empty shirt...just a speech..."Pass it know" was said what...like +30 times. Watched O'Rielly after an he was talking to Obama's press guy, The prez was saying about making an selling things made in America...an sitting right next to Obama's wife was the GE guy that just sent thousands of jobs an shut down many plants here to go to China....doesn't look good. What a joke we have as President....shameful.

Waveraider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I salute all you masochists who managed to sit through that speech and NOT ONE WORD about needing a new television. Since I knew that the only thing I would hear if I watched was blaming Congress and wanting to spend more money we don't have, I decided to forego the aggravation.

I watched Kid Rock and the others on the NFL pre-game show. It was'nt too bad.

Top Bottom