• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I don't know how many times (almost a dozen) that I've gotten emails from these resume sites advertising the same position that I already have at my current company to me... If I'm currently a bomb maker at ACME explosives and looking for a job, do they really think I want to be a bomb maker at ACME explosives?

I'm not sure if that or the recruiting calls from New England with New Delhi accents are more annoying....

:xmad::xmad: Fortunately, I may have recently found a new job.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    On a related note, I love when I get telemarketing calls on my work cell from my competition.

"hallo. How are you being today? Our company is rolling out a new home alarm system... yadda yadda yadda."

"yeah... about that. You do know you called your local competition, right? I work for ..."

"Oh, yes. I am sorry about that. Please be accepting my apologies. We will be taking you off of our list..."

:laugh:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I routinely get recruitment calls for lower-level positions. Do they really think I want to go DOWN the ladder? Reduced "title", less money, and either a crappy commute or relocate to some big city somewhere (Chicago, New York, DC, etc...). Sorry, no.

I all honesty, there is zero risk to casting a broad net, so they do so.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    I work on contract and so I try to keep my resume up to date at all times. Whenever I update it on Monster I get a flock of calls. Must be a trigger bot that alerts every East Indian recruiter on the planet and they all call me with short term, ugly city, low paying jobs.

bmoan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 30, 2015
    Bloomington
    I am on the job hunt and currently employed ...I am an engineer, but I cant find the good jobs because of all the insurance and real estate company recruiters
    that fill my in box, anyone have a solution

ruger1800

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indiana
    I am on the job hunt and currently employed ...I am an engineer, but I cant find the good jobs because of all the insurance and real estate company recruiters

insurance salesmen can make a decent income.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

The GM plant in Bedford has hired a number of engineers this year. They may still be on the look out for more, PM me if you want info on where to send your resume. Or go to the GM website and go to careers and I think you can sort by locations.

Top Bottom