• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Polished515

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Muncie
    Evening ladies (and gentlemen). I am really into running and exercising in general and I am curious to see what those of you who are also runners use to carry your firearms. I would like to get one of these:
    PT-ONE Concealment Holster Until now, holders of Concealed Carry handgun permits have had limited options when searching for a holster that supports a fitness or active lifestyle in a comfortable and practical way. No other product delivers like the

I tried a belly band and really didn't find it comfortable and I felt uneasy running at high speeds with it. Lately I have been using my ankle holster just because it is all I have that will work for running with my Shield. It is comfortable and I like having the extra weight on my leg. I even found some leg weights so that I could even the weight out and wrap one around my other ankle.
    I have never had an issue with this form of carry and I have never been harassed by anyone for OCing. But I do have some neighborhoods I like to run through that I have been avoiding because I am worried about how people will react. Plus I live close to a college campus and they have a strict firearms policy that prohibits me from being armed on their property. I worry that someone will see me close enough to the campus to call the police. I really do not want to deal with that and it is not my intention to make anyone feel uneasy. And lastly, ankle holsters are not the best option for carry period. Most people find them uncomfortable and they don't always fit well, though mine does fit very well. I would much rather have my firearm closer to my hands for faster draw if I need to protect myself.
    So, my question is, what holster do you like to use when working out/running? It would be great to get some first hand insight and opinions from you so I don't waste anymore money on holsters I don't end up using!

Thanks!

BTW, here is what I ran in tonight (cool socks eh?)
    10qj37n.jpg
    [/IMG]
    28cq3wg.jpg
    [/IMG]

I'm not looking for an OC and CC debate either. I have my own opinions on that matter and what you say won't change that ;)

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    My wife uses 2 different holsters for jogging.

The first is a 5.11 women's holster shirt.

The 2nd is a bit unique. She tried a belly band and thought it was ok until the pistol fell out and slid across the street. So I took a crossbreed holster I had for it and used the clip screws to attach the crossbreed to the belly band. Best of both worlds.

She also carries an LCP, which makes running easier.

Top Bottom