• ...and so much more!
  • Ramen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    I could possibly vote for him.

He has a good gun record and he voted against the Iraq War. :yesway:

I would need to hear what he has to say about spending, free trade, and other foreign intervention.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    This is the best news I've heard all year. John is weak on money raising because he refuses to kowtow to anyone. He's fervently pro-gun. The libertarians won't like his social conservatism, but they'll agree with almost all his other positions, even ones which I don't completely agree with. Overall, he's one of the best, most honest, most sacrificing public servants out. The financial reports of other politicians show how they've padded their balance sheets while in office, while Hostettler didn't become a millionaire, because he's not one to place his wife or children on the boards of companies doing business with the federal government like Bayh or Biden. Want a real honest man in Congress, Hostettler is it. He's the anti-Lugar.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    I actually campaigned for him back when he was running against McCloskey. I would vote for him in a heartbeat in a race against Bayh. Of course I'd vote for Mussolini if he were running against Bayh.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    man! i got all excitied! i thought we were talking about john hossinger for a minute!!! bwahahhahaa!! i thought "GOLD! my vote is CAST!"... but then i realized... its not the Hoss.....

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    *gloveslap!*

Hostetler is about as close as we'd get to someone who truly understands that the Constitution does not grant rights, but rather, simply enumerates them.

Hell, he got into trouble down here once for carrying onto a plane.

Not a big fan on social issues so much, but he's very fiscally responsible... and he understand that guns are for shooting.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana

The odds of beating Bayh went up exponentially with what is likely going to be a vote for socialized medicine.

Speaking of which, have you called senator Bayh yet?

If not, why not!??!?!?!
    131 Russell Senate Office Building
    Washington, DC 20510
    (202) 224-5623
    (202) 228-1377 fax

If you haven't called or faxed him yet... YOU SUCK!

IUGradStudent

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Bloomington, IN
    The odds of beating Bayh went up exponentially with what is likely going to be a vote for socialized medicine.

If not, why not!??!?!?!
    Washington, DC 20510
    (202) 224-5623
    (202) 228-1377 fax

This. Call Bayh.

I have a friend who is a political wonk of sorts, he estimates we have a 40% chance of winning with Hostettler. And, as others have been saying, Hostettler is a solid conservative and very pro-gun. Game on, boys!

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008

If not, why not!??!?!?!
    Washington, DC 20510
    (202) 224-5623
    (202) 228-1377 fax

My fax:
    Mr. Bayh,

I am very disappointed with your vote on the healtcare bill. The bill is the wrong thing to do at this time, at any time. At least the vote was not for passage but for bringing the bill to the floor for debate. Even so, this bill is totally and completely unacceptable and that is not open to debate.

I urge you to do everything in your power to kill this bill. Vote "no" on any cloture votes. Insist on full readings of the bill to the Senate (none of this "revise and extend"--full readings) at any time one can. And should the bill come up for vote for passage, vote "No".

Remember, according to Rasmussen, more than half of the likely voters in the US oppose the healthcare bill. 71% are at least somewhat angry at the Federal government. This issue is not going away and will not be forgotten by the American people next November.

Vote No on the healthcare bill.

Ramen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    If Hostettler supports the Afghan surge, I will not vote for him.

I don't care how pro gun he is. This country is bankrupt and we can't do anything about it because we are in perpetual war.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I have one problem with Hostetler.

Republican insider.

My preference is for folks outside the system to be elected over those that are already within the system.

Fuzzy Conservative post on Party vs Patriot

For full disclosure: see my sig line below.

Republican insider? How? I love these unsupported drive-by smears. Look at Hostettler's past financial reports. He didn't get party money because he told the RNC to stuff it when they would try to get him to play nice with them. This is why decent people are hard to find running for office, even supposed "friends" backstab you. Have a care before you defame a man as the minion of an opponent.

Top Bottom