• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    After the Concealed Handgun License bill passed in Texas in 1994 (IIRC) the very first self-defense shooting (and killing) by a CHL holder was a "road rage" event where the license holder in a vehicle was blocked in on an access road by traffic after a mirror-clipping event, and the other fellow was punching him through the driver's window. The antis used this as proof that all their "wild west" and "streets running in blood" predictions were true, never mentioning the fact that the CHL holder was punched so hard he lost sight in one eye. Since "serious bodily injury" is one of the factors in the justification for the use of deadly force, the legal system did not charge the CHL holder.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    If you handled the situation in a manner in which you were not seriously hurt and none of your people got hurt and you did not have to kill somebody, I think you did pretty good.

I agree with that...but if I was in a developing road rage situation, windows up and doors locked at a minimum.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    I had a road rage incident a couple of months ago. We were headed to GA and had been going through some rain and finally we got out of it and I was making up a little time, but still being safe. I notice couple of cars behind me there was a guy that was acting squirrely, like he was in a hurry. We were in the left lane and he sped up to pass us in the right lane, but there was a semi that stopped his progress. I keep going in the left lane and pass the semi. Up ahead he does the same thing, he's hitting around 90 to get around us this time before he reaches another semi in front of him, and then he cuts over in front of me and hits his brakes, and is now going around 60. So I'm behind him and in the right lane is a semi, and we are about to go up a hill. I slow down a little and get in the right lane behind the semi. Other people come up behind him, but he stays right along with the semi. Well up ahead there is an entrance from an exit onto our road, so I use the entrance and pass the semi on the right. Well this guy didn't like that at all, he sped up and then got in front of me, now in the right lane and starts to slow down, so I go into the left lane. He then goes into the left lane and hits his brakes hard, so I had to move in the right lane quickly to not hit him. Finally he gets behind me and puts his lights on brights and drives this way for a long time. I kept an eye on him and after making our exits I kept checking to make sure he wasn't following us. I'm not sure what this guy was so angry about, but I just kept driving and didn't do any retaliation of any kind and the guy finally cooled down. Of course I was carrying at the time, so I was thinking of situations that might happen and how I would react, but thankfully it all resolved.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I had a road rage incident a couple of months ago. We were headed to GA and had been going through some rain and finally we got out of it and I was making up a little time, but still being safe. I notice couple of cars behind me there was a guy that was acting squirrely, like he was in a hurry. We were in the left lane and he sped up to pass us in the right lane, but there was a semi that stopped his progress. I keep going in the left lane and pass the semi. Up ahead he does the same thing, he's hitting around 90 to get around us this time before he reaches another semi in front of him, and then he cuts over in front of me and hits his brakes, and is now going around 60. So I'm behind him and in the right lane is a semi, and we are about to go up a hill. I slow down a little and get in the right lane behind the semi. Other people come up behind him, but he stays right along with the semi. Well up ahead there is an entrance from an exit onto our road, so I use the entrance and pass the semi on the right. Well this guy didn't like that at all, he sped up and then got in front of me, now in the right lane and starts to slow down, so I go into the left lane. He then goes into the left lane and hits his brakes hard, so I had to move in the right lane quickly to not hit him. Finally he gets behind me and puts his lights on brights and drives this way for a long time. I kept an eye on him and after making our exits I kept checking to make sure he wasn't following us. I'm not sure what this guy was so angry about, but I just kept driving and didn't do any retaliation of any kind and the guy finally cooled down. Of course I was carrying at the time, so I was thinking of situations that might happen and how I would react, but thankfully it all resolved.

Sounds like you were a "left lane cruiser"; was that the case?

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    My son used to tailgate and drive aggressively. When I told him not to follow a truck too close because they kick up rocks...he didn't listen of course and we ended up with a rock in the windshield. I finally told him I wouldn't ride with him any more. He was confused and asked why. I said that eventually he was going to meet someone who was going to take exception to his behavior and I didn't want to get hit with a stray bullet.

He now has 3 kids and drives carefully.

I always figure that the butthole in the other car is someone I wouldn't want to spend time with, so why would I get involved in an incident with him that would likely occupy my life for the next couple of years.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I could only choke down about 1+30. So much fail.

Stop, nothing bad can happen to you, as long as my car is locked I'm safe, there is nothing he can do whatsoever. What a load of horse :poop:. Really folks, just don't look at him because he has the aggression system of a dog, he won't shoot you if you look away. I guess Reginald Denny should have just looked away.

You all want to die as a victim go ahead and follow his lame donkey advice.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Stop, nothing bad can happen to you, as long as my car is locked I'm safe, there is nothing he can do whatsoever. What a load of horse :poop:. Really folks, just don't look at him because he has the aggression system of a dog, he won't shoot you if you look away. I guess Reginald Denny should have just looked away.

+10............again.

Logged a lot of mile in a service truck. Seen a lot and I can be a bit of a hot head when someone puts my life at risk for NADA.
    No is going to beat up my car/truck or me.
    Just not going to happen.

Drive with some sense and we all get there.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

A aggressor as depicted, he is correct. No, a bad guy with a gun is much different, but if its just some guy banging on your car with his hands trying to get you outside to kick your butt and teach you a lesson, he is correct. Not a threat to your life. I doubt very much Mr Shrek intended to say to put the perp in your blind spot as he illustrated by addressing the camera in the passenger seat head-on. I took away from it keep him in your peripheral and hope he gets tired of yelling and calms down. Look straight ahead and "ignore" him. (or at least appear to)

Now when the guy goes all Babe Ruth on your car with a tire iron, I guess if you think you can convince the prosecutor "He started on my car, I was afraid it was only a matter of time before he worked his way up to the passenger compartment and killed me with it" then light his ass up. But I understand the concept of "dont get out of the boat" (and dont tease the animal) as he appeared to illustrate.

And of course once that animal decides to gain violent entry to "the boat" Its time to party.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I feel the same way. I don't understand turning your head when someone is being aggressive towards you.

NO. THIS is what Shrek was talking about right here. Crazy dude still in peripheral. Eyes front. Ignoring. Not acknowleging the rager while still having him in your field of view.

(no you dont need to watch the whole thing. The whole video is about the same as the first 30 seconds)

[video=youtube;Rym5unx0ZCo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rym5unx0ZCo[/video]

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

:)
    Here's the one you want then:

[video=youtube;YENzsMCSYcw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YENzsMCSYcw[/video]

grogie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Wheeling Around Indy
    I had a situation recently where I ran into an *******. I should have let his rage go, but I pushed back. Anyway, he was going to get out of his car, so I pulled away. He then starts following me, and I just continued to drive around a parking lot, making sure not to come to a stop or go where he could get in front of me. After a minute or so, he turned off.

I was thinking about if I had to talk to a cop (or a jury) about how this all started, no doubt, I would have been involved in starting it, which I would think is usually the case? I should have just ignored the situation from the start... It wouldn't have gone to that. I'll note, I wasn't carrying, however, I was in a work shirt!

I'll have to note that my daily driver happens to be a small car, which I tell you what, I get more people cutting me off than in any other car I've ever owned. That car is like a magnet for *******s driving aggressive around me.

Anyway, good points in the video... thanks for sharing.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    A aggressor as depicted, he is correct. No, a bad guy with a gun is much different, but if its just some guy banging on your car with his hands trying to get you outside to kick your butt and teach you a lesson, he is correct. Not a threat to your life. I doubt very much Mr Shrek intended to say to put the perp in your blind spot as he illustrated by addressing the camera in the passenger seat head-on. I took away from it keep him in your peripheral and hope he gets tired of yelling and calms down. Look straight ahead and "ignore" him. (or at least appear to)

Now when the guy goes all Babe Ruth on your car with a tire iron, I guess if you think you can convince the prosecutor "He started on my car, I was afraid it was only a matter of time before he worked his way up to the passenger compartment and killed me with it" then light his ass up. But I understand the concept of "dont get out of the boat" (and dont tease the animal) as he appeared to illustrate.

And of course once that animal decides to gain violent entry to "the boat" Its time to party.

Concealed carry. Like every weapon is loaded until you confirm otherwise, every screaming lunatic is armed until you confirm otherwise...in fact every screaming lunatic is armed it is only with what that differs.

Old Prof

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2015
    West Lafayette
    Sounds like you were a "left lane cruiser"; was that the case?

I am not a left lane cruiser, get over when I'm not passing, get over when I'm going faster than the right lane when someone behind me in the left wants to go faster, etc. I like having fast people in front of me to get any tickets that might be gotten. Having said that, I've been in a line of people passing a slow moving truck, some idiot comes up on the right like he thinks we are in the left lane for our health, and then pretty much demands the person right behind the truck let him in. He's basically breaking line, and is one of those people that thinks the world exists for him. Kind of like the left lane cruiser going 60 to 65 until you get tired of poking along and decide to pass him on the right. And suddenly he discovers his car can go 80. An inordinate number of these seem to have Illinois or IU plates.

One advantage of driving I 65 from WL to Louisville 20 or 30 times on year while dealing with my mothers too full house was that I realized the roads are full of idiots, nothing I can do will fix them, and I'll just cruise a speed I can cruise and if it takes me 20 minutes longer, that's life.

Top Bottom