• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gunsmith79

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    Or the glock .40 cal thats what they are expected to qualify with at the academy unless things have changed... the 22 is standard issue some departments allow the 23 and i have heard of some departments going to the 9mm.

Last edited:

G582

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    Greenwood
    Maybe I am mistaken being new here, but isn't getting answers to questions like this what a gun forum is for?

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Why cannot a gun forum such as this also be a teaching tool to help people be less dependent on others?

Last edited:

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    Or the glock .40 cal thats what they are expected to qualify with at the academy unless things have changed... the 22 is standard issue some departments allow the 23 and i have heard of some departments going to the 9mm.

Its whatever weapon they are issued regardless of caliber or type.... deputies from my department have gone to the academy with sig's and beretta m96's.... however we are undergoing a weapon switch to glock 22's gen 4's so ill be the first to go through plainfield with a glock from my department yes im that new (3 weeks maybe) pretty excited but i dont leave till December for academy but i have already started my fto training

G582

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    Greenwood
    Thanks. I am hoping to get in the reserve program and while I have been shooting Glocks for a long time I found out that I shoot my new P30 V3 by far better, and am debating about (due to trigger system) transitioning to it.

Top Bottom