• Status
    Not open for further replies.

lowriderjim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Huntington
    I am not posting to create controversy nor will I respond to any controversy.

I sometimes don't spell very well and I end sentences in prepositions. I am not going to discuss my education as this is not directly related to my opinions on guns and equipment.

I do appreciate the classifieds. I have bought and sold several items from Ingoers that have been some very nice poeple that are established on Ingo which is important to me.

I try to post when I know what I'm talking about such as do you have a certain weapon and how do you carry it. (I added the preposition for effect).

I have posted before that my opinion can not be wrong unless it is based on faulty facts. I will continue to post when I have something to add and will continue to participate in the classifieds as well.

This is my main site and I intend to contine to enjoy it and support the site. Good, difficult by Fenway and the mods.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I agree with mconley. There seems to be a group of members on a power trip who can't wait to "own" newer members.I think we are pretty much all on the same page here, its the anti-gun folks that need to be owned. :ar15:

It's "pwn" and "pwned" :n00b:

Geez, some people..... :rolleyes:

Noob......

:):

Indecision

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC
    The server is already over burdened and by someones estimate why add another 4000 members to the forum with the sole intent to sell their guns without adding any knowledgeable substance to the community base.

To be fair, how much of a burden are 4000 people when 2000+ have literally never post and the other 2000 have 49 or less posts a piece.

If someone wants to export the member join dates, post count and member number, I'll excel magic it into how many people post.

And I would like to point out, not everyone that thinks the 50 post rule is pointless has less than 50 posts and isn't a site supporter.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    You've been on INGO a month longer than me. That makes you a slacker!

Truth be told I have had MOST of my posts deleted by "some" overzealous mod because they were 1 liners.
    I should be up in the 12 to 13,000's by now, but alas such is life.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I'll chime in just a little bit...

INGO is special because of the fine folks that are part of it. Yes there are 6,000+ members, but there is a smaller group that have really gotten to know each other through many threads... entertaining threads, informative threads, angry threads, controversial threads, etc. Just like life, you get to know each other through these shared "experiences".

Turning INGO into a classifieds "first" site would ruin a lot of what makes it special, IMHO. I've used the classifieds a couple of times, but I don't really even look at them much anymore. Perhaps its because I've spent way too much money on guns the past couple of years.

I've also had my concerns about some threads being deleted, and most recently, changes in the rep system (which is not something in my head).

But, INGO is a place where you can celebrate life's wonderful moments -- like the birth of a child, a wedding, a great vacation, a new gun purchase. It is also a place where you can turn for support in life's difficult moments -- the death of a loved one, losing your job, other challenges.

It is much more than just about "guns". It is a community.

Every active member plays an important role in keeping INGO the special place it is. No matter how good the Moderators are, all of us have to do our part.

That's it for now. Carry on... :ingo:

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    I am very glad that I signed on to this site even though many of you gave me a hard time a while back for my complaint about my thin skin for my treatment at Bradis. This is a community of different people with similar overlapping interests. We are all different and have differing opinions and viewpoints. I enjoy reading the vast majority of the postings that I have the time to read. We are individuals and that is what makes this site so good. Just like in any community, there are going to be disagreements and arguments and differences of opinion. Those seem to get resolved in one way or another. The only complaint that I have about this site is that I still have some trouble in navigating around, most likely due to my own ignorance with modern technological wonders. I do not want to see the site change and from what I have seen, the moderators seem to be doing a pretty good job and their treatment seems to be fair and equitable to all.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Truth be told I have had MOST of my posts deleted by "some" overzealous mod because they were 1 liners.
    I should be up in the 12 to 13,000's by now, but alas such is life.

We didn't delete 11,000 of your posts because they were one-liners. We deleted them because you kept posting ASCII peeners.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Every active member plays an important role in keeping INGO the special place it is. No matter how good the Moderators are, all of us have to do our part.

I really like "my" role/part. :rockwoot:

I'll add, I check the classifieds a couple times a month and as to date have not used them.

I'll say it again. Lock those with 50 posts from the classifieds altogether. Don't even let them read them.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Printcraft purposefully picks particularly putrid peeners to post, persuading us poor patrons to purge printcraft's purposeful peener pandemic.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    I sometimes don't spell very well and I end sentences in prepositions. I am not going to discuss my education as this is not directly related to my opinions on guns and equipment.

And my sentence structure is often crap. I typically write in an informal manner as if speaking. It is probably the curse of instant communication via email/crackberry/etc..

My earlier comment about the jerk who couldn't SPEL and TYEPED N CAPS was definitely not you and the communication was way over the top. Probably frustration on my part aimed at yet-one-more-of-countless who worked their way to fifty just to sell then never posted again outside of trying to make oddly worded trade offers in threads... then was unpleasant/rude over PMs.

I just wanted to be sure you didn't feel singled out since my post referenced grammar. :ingo:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom